Class 1 infantry

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I just was looking at the Dust tactic premium site here and it shows the USMC weapon teams cards and they are listed a class 1 infantry .50cal team  and the motar team. The images of their cards have the point cost cut off. Does this mean that there are going to be other class one infantry for the other factions?

#2 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

I just checked the ssu weapons teams card images and they are class 2 infantry.

#3 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

marcemtp said:

I just checked the ssu weapons teams card images and they are class 2 infantry.

I made the same assumption they were class one. If you look again they have the same armor as the other SSU troops so they should be class 2.

#4 Miah999

Miah999

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

The fact that the USMC Choppers are class 1 was leaked a while back:

http://www.front-tow...-confirmed.html

I would think the SSU would be the same, but we'll see.

#5 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Miah999 said:

The fact that the USMC Choppers are class 1 was leaked a while back:

http://www.front-tow...-confirmed.html

I would think the SSU would be the same, but we'll see.

The marines have no armor so im basing my assumption on that for now. Time will reveal the answer though.

#6 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Well since the USMC are going to be class one they should be cheaper then the axis and ssu weapons teams.

They need to do a closer look sneak peak like what they did for the kill squad and axis heavy weapons teams.   

#7 fhaugh

fhaugh

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

The Choppers are only 13 pts!

#8 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

Where is the skill SETUP defined?

#9 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Nowhere yet. Probably on Icarus (if they don't screw up again like they did with Tracked Vehicle).

#10 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I just noticed that, unlike the Axis heavy weapons teams, it appears that all three soldiers get close combat weapons.

I know that the Recon Boys were already kind of a joke, but it's really hard to see anyone ever using them again once the Choppers are available (unless "Setup" has some really huge drawback).

#11 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Kriegschatten said:

I just noticed that, unlike the Axis heavy weapons teams, it appears that all three soldiers get close combat weapons.

I know that the Recon Boys were already kind of a joke, but it's really hard to see anyone ever using them again once the Choppers are available (unless "Setup" has some really huge drawback).

Not sure about that, both units perform completely different roles of the tabletop, besides if any unit even looks at The Choppers when not in cover, will wipe them out.

I expect 'Setup' will be along the lines of the unit not being able to shoot after moving untl it spends an action to Set Up.

#12 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Yeah, I hope setup is something like that. This shouldn't be a very mobile squad, best used to guard a position.

They present an interesting dynamic. If someone looks at them befire they can fire, that's 13 wasted points. But if they do get to fire once at a squad, you're already pretty much assured to get your investment back, plus some.

#13 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Major Mishap said:

Kriegschatten said:

Not sure about that, both units perform completely different roles of the tabletop, besides if any unit even looks at The Choppers when not in cover, will wipe them out.

Well, with range 6 on their .50 cal and Advanced Reactive Fire, the chances of the Choppers being the ones to get the first shot off are pretty good (at least against another infantry unit).

And what role do the Recon Boys perform, exactly, besides being cheap cannon fodder?

#14 fhaugh

fhaugh

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Um….cheap harassment squad?  The Recon Boys have the same surviveability as the other A2 squads, just less firepower.  They can be used more offensively than the Choppers and can join with a Hero, which sometimes is more to benifit the Hero than the squad.  Put Bazooka Joe with the Recon Boys so it's harded for you to lose your initiative bonus.

#15 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Iv'e made a proxy chopper squad from Tamiya inf set 1:48 and we play it in a RLY powerfull manner. The squad can chose a place on the battlefield where you place cover and starts the game there. is also the first unit to be deployed in that manner. 

#16 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Kriegschatten said:

Kriegschatten said:

Recon Boys kind of a joke?? Man, they're still a staple of my armies, far from a joke.  And I cannot wait for the Choppers 

#17 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

fhaugh said:

The Choppers are only 13 pts!

Thanks for posting their card. 13 points isn't bad. can't wait to see the motar teams card.

#18 GraniteGreysock

GraniteGreysock

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

"not bad"….wow..see, i think for 13 points, those are a STEAL!! wow…not to hard to get to shoot with them before they get shot at…and if they get to shoot, they are more than likely to make their points back…if not double their points back really easily!

#19 cloner4000

cloner4000

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Having all in one really helps, just need to becare not to get attacked by walkers or artillery, they can really do some damage to Class 2 inf, and good damage to Class 3 

#20 fhaugh

fhaugh

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

cloner4000 said:

Having all in one really helps, just need to becare not to get attacked by walkers or artillery, they can really do some damage to Class 2 inf, and good damage to Class 3 

Actually, these guys should take damage the samme way as the Axis jagdgrenadiere  "3 men on one base" units.  Which means that many artillery strikes will only get one die against them.   Of course, the SSU walker will get 12 dice against them!  Kind of a mixed blessing I guess.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS