Best Point size for smaller games?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 derroehre

derroehre

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

What do you think is the best (as in most balanced in imp vs rebel) point limit for smaller games?

As I started playing with a friend we tried different point sizes as our collection grew and some were incredibly unbalanced. 40 was one such example. never play 40 points ImpvsReb. never. 55 seemed okay, but the pure tie swarm is even stronger than at 100.

I'm very interested in your experiences with differing point limits.

#2 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

did the recommended 31 points for a long time…..then went to 55 points for awhile and are now finally upto 100 points

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#3 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I had a pretty good game with my 45 point new player intro squads.  Tempest Squadron TIE Advanced with 2 Academy Pilots vs a Rookie Pilot X-Wing and a Gold Squadron Y-Wing with R2 Astromech and Ion Cannon.

#4 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

50 on the dot is a bit favouring the Rebels, 60 is too imbalanced in favour of the imperials, 55 is just about right until darth vader shows up with 2 goons

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS