http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3789

#2 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thomas Cartwright said:

I have to admit, it felt pretty damn good finally seeing this thing come out :'D

#3 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

My first instinct was to look through it for hotly debated topics so as to find out who told whom so, but then I realized that this thing is 43 pages long, so I'm just going to assume I was right about everything until forced to confront evidence to the contrary sonreir

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

This was a surprise to me and Brian. Well, good! The thing's finally done eh?

#5 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Welcome back, Avi!

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#6 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

I believe I had a dream where a new Arkham Horror FAQ was released.  Then my wife woke me up and I went on line to discover that a new Arkham Horror FAQ was released.  Then my wife woke me…

#7 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

The Implant Suggestion [KH] Spell can be used in any location, street area, or Other World area, unless otherwise noted.
Well, monsters can't be in Other World spaces, so there's that? It then goes on to clarify that Summon Monster can't be used in an OW space.

Once the final battle begins, investigators can no longer receive clue tokens.
AWWW YEA IT'S CODIFIED NOW!

Also good!

Kind of a shaky logic disallowing the Patrol wagon for the "forbidden five" locations, but makes it very clear (without explanation) that the wagon cannot be used to leave those locations either.

If an investigator must pay a Sanity cost to cast a spell but cannot even by spending all of his Sanity, he cannot cast the spell.
Also happy about this one.

WHAT?

Guess it's a good thing there's a new Shroud of Shadows…

Q: If an investigator successfully casts the Wrack spell
during the Movement Phase can he continue moving afterwards?
A: Yes.
This looks like trouble. The only time this spell can be cast is during combat, but combat ends your movement, so this should not be the case.

Whenever Charlie would normally draw a card from the Ally deck, he may instead choose any of the 11 starting Allies that have been returned to the box.
HUH?

I still think that Cultists should have remained in the cup for Abhoth/Tulzscha. They are Tulzscha's cultists, not Abhoth's.

Call Ancient One maxes out at 7 trophies! Ahaha, I was waiting to spring that on you guys!

Q: If Tsathoggua [DH] is the Ancient One, are you able to use the Falcon Point movement ability?
A: No, you cannot.
Hehehehe

Q: Can an investigator who is returning to Arkham after being Lost in Time and Space move to Devil Reef?
A: No, but as he is returning during the Upkeep Phase, he may return to Falcon Point and potentially move to Devil Reef during the Movement Phase of the same turn by using Falcon Point’s Boat Charter ability
Interesting, since it seems that Ursula Downs is not restricted from starting there.

Looks like the replacement for an accidentally devoured player that has been stalked by Quachil now takes over being stalked, right from that point. Sick!

#8 zeb

zeb

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

That is great.

Some errata are still missing though:
http://www.fantasyfl...=1&efidt=442245

and more generally some of the ones listed here:
http://www.arkhamhor...it=500&offset=0

But great effort!

#9 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

The Professor said:

Welcome back, Avi!

Like an innumerably tentacled rat in the walls, I never entirely leave ;')

#10 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Tibs said:

Whenever Charlie would normally draw a card from the Ally deck, he may instead choose any of the 11 starting Allies that have been returned to the box.
HUH?

::Facepalm:: I could have sworn we wrote a *lot* of text trying to get a reasonable clarification about this.  Is this saying that instead of drawing a specific ally from an encounter, he can draw a boxed ally?  Which is ridiculous, and I doubt, or at least would like to doubt, that that's what FFG meant.

#11 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

What I believe they ean is as follows…you start the game with 11 Allies (out of however many you currently possess through all of the expansions).  If Charlie gains an Ally, and the Terror Level is set at 3, he may (barring any other allies in play), take one from the remaining deck of Allies which now equals 8 (11 starting - 3 for the Terror Level) or from the 3 Allies which fled the town.

The Professor

#12 thecorinthian

thecorinthian

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hehehehe… so we're now even more confused about how that Kane ability than we were before!

#13 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

The Professor said:

What I believe they ean is as follows…you start the game with 11 Allies (out of however many you currently possess through all of the expansions).  If Charlie gains an Ally, and the Terror Level is set at 3, he may (barring any other allies in play), take one from the remaining deck of Allies which now equals 8 (11 starting - 3 for the Terror Level) or from the 3 Allies which fled the town.

O_o…  Are you trolling me?

#14 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

I don't understand the confusion regarding Charlie Kane's ability. The phrasing in the Arkham Horror Wiki states the same as the FAQ, but is perhaps a little clearer:

"Charlie only has access to the 11 allies chosen for the game. Any of these allies that have been returned to the box may be obtained through the normal method of gaining allies (encounters, Ma's Boarding House, etc.)."

So you set aside 11 allies for the game. Any leftover allies will not be part of the game for any reason, so Charlie Kane can never gain any of these allies. (E.g. if Duke is not one of the 11 allies in a game, Charlie Kane may not gain Duke as an ally in that game.) However if any of the 11 allies in the game are returned to the box (for instance as a victim of The Southside Strangler), Charlie Kane may gain these as allies even after they have been returned to the box. All other investigators may only gain allies which have not been returned to the box.

#15 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Yay: If the Messenger can prevent being devoured by Nyarlathotep, Yog or Shub when you reach 0 Clues or Trophies, then the simple act of not having any more trophies does not qualify as a devourable offense.  It ONLY happens when you have to pay and you can't.

What was that noise?

#16 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

The Professor said:

You mean… for free? Clearly Charlie is allowed to gain those, from the original eleven, who were returned to the box (the others never entered play, problem solved, as it was often said), but he still has to pay the price / meet the requirements during encounters.

I'm afraid I'm not with you on this house-rule, Joe, I'm sorry!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#17 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

for JGT7771: And don't forget this R'lyeh Other World Encounter card, in addition to the Messenger

Can the R’lyeh encounter that begins with "Great Cthulhu spares the faithful" be discarded to prevent you from being devoured when you reach 0 monster trophies when Shub-Niggurath [AH] attacks during the Final Battle?

Q: Can the R’lyeh encounter that begins with "Great Cthulhu spares the faithful" be discarded to prevent you from being devoured when you reach 0 gate trophies when Yog-Sothoth [AH] attacks during the Final Battle?

Q: Can the R’lyeh encounter that begins with "Great Cthulhu spares the faithful" be discarded to prevent you from being devoured when you reach 0 Clue tokens when Nyarlathotep [AH] attacks during the Final Battle?

as for me, I've always allowed the player a check and only then, if failed, does the 'fill-in the blank GOO' devour the Investigator.

for Julia:  I'm sorry ~ it's the way I interpreted the FAQ, not a house rule…it seems that Charlie shouldn't have access to all 33 (I think) Allies.  How do you see it, my friend?

Joe/the Professor

The Professor

#18 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Tibs said:

Q: If an investigator successfully casts the Wrack spell during the Movement Phase can he continue moving afterwards?

This looks like trouble. The only time this spell can be cast is during combat, but combat ends your movement, so this should not be the case.

I barely see Wrack anymore, but this one does seem confusing.  I always thought the point was to allow high Lore Investigators with lousy Speed (and thus usually low Sneak) a way to get out of nasty combat.  Is Wrack now some kind of "flashback rewind", a special side effect of the magicks that sorta reverts the Investigator back to an INITIAL Evade Check, as if before combat happened?

What was that noise?

#19 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

The Professor said:

for Julia:  I'm sorry ~ it's the way I interpreted the FAQ, not a house rule…it seems that Charlie shouldn't have access to all 33 (I think) Allies.  How do you see it, my friend?

Joe, I've always played this way: 11 allies enter the game, the other 22 (23 if you have Oliver Grayson) never enter play. Among those entering play, you can have some being returned to the box. Charlie can recruit those returned to the box, not the ones never entered play. So I think we play the same, don't we? It seemed to me that you were suggesting than when the terror reaches 3, Charlie gains a free Ally. Sorry if I misread your post!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#20 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Never ever had such an intense life on this forum as today… ::laughter::

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS