Modified Match Loss?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Totalgit

Totalgit

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Reading the tournament document im confused as to when people score a modified match loss? The text says:

If the time limit has been reached, the player closest to his victory total (in power) earns a modified match win and his opponent receives a match loss.

So yeh i can see the modified match win, but theres no mention the other person gets a modified loss.

#2 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Mind……..blown.

#3 Totalgit

Totalgit

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Am i being really special and missing something really obvious?

#4 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Nah, you are fine. But I'd say that if I were you I'd approach AGoT rules literally [most of rulings are that way and it's hard to get it wrong if you just follow what cards say even if doesn't make any sense.=)]. So, since there is nothing about "modified loss" in the tournament rules, it means that if you lose, you always get a full loss. 

#5 Totalgit

Totalgit

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

BBSB12 said:

Nah, you are fine. But I'd say that if I were you I'd approach AGoT rules literally [most of rulings are that way and it's hard to get it wrong if you just follow what cards say even if doesn't make any sense.=)]. So, since there is nothing about "modified loss" in the tournament rules, it means that if you lose, you always get a full loss. 

2012's Tourney rules have modified loss being 1 point, 2011 Tourney rules dont even mention a modified loss. Hence why i was wondering in what situation does somebody get given a modified loss.

Im going to assume that you get a modified loss when the other person gets a modified win and that they have forgotten to add the word modified to the text i copied earlier.

#6 thorondor

thorondor

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Totalgit said:

Im going to assume that you get a modified loss when the other person gets a modified win

thats correct. a modified win/loss happens, when the game was finished because players ran out of time.

when a game ends within the time limit its a full win/loss.

#7 clu

clu

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

And remember. If you are judging the event you use whatever scoring you want as long as you let it be known ahead of time. I've used modified loss as 2 points the last tourney.

5=win

4=modified win

3=tie (really hard to do)

2=modified loss

1=loss

0=no game happened

the scoring becomes a little tighter but the strength of schedule tie breakers matter more.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS