Photo

Attack Dice.. Let me get this straight..

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Slamdunk74

Slamdunk74

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hey I am lazy and this may have been asked already, so forgive me… however…

#2 Slamdunk74

Slamdunk74

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

And let me finish….:

on page 11 it says 'Also, if he is targeting a ship at Range 1 with
his primary weapon, he rolls 1 additional
attack die.'

Does this mean that at range 1 to attack you get +1 die and if you are targetting same craft you get an additional +1 die?  So an X-Wing can attack at range 1 with a target lock gets 5 attack dice?

Mark

#3 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

You gain +1 attack die if attacking with your primary weapon against a ship that is range 1 from you. Wedge at range 1 throws 4 attack die, Vader throws 3, etc. The bonus does not apply to secondary weapons like missiles, torpedoes, or ion cannons. It is possible to roll additional dice from special abilities (Howlrunner, Backstabber, etc.) but the range bonus will only ever give you one

#4 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

love dem double posts

#5 Slamdunk74

Slamdunk74

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Thanks for the feed back.  That just caught my eye and was wondering if there was yet another bonus for both being at range 1 and having the target in a lock situation.

Mark

#6 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Target Lock lets you reroll your attack dice; it doesn't give you extra.

#7 Slamdunk74

Slamdunk74

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Understood, however, look at page 11 of the rule book and see how it is worded.  It would make you believe that, in fact, that if you have a lock on with your primary weapons and are within range one you get an extra attack die.  And the rules clearly state that you get the bonus attack die at range 1 automatically.  The wording is what generated my initial question.

This is not an arguement but the Kessel Run is this weekend and I've been getting my arse handed to me of late and just making sure I'm not missing something obvious, and or devious to use.

Plus I need to burn these dice and get some new ones as well.

Mark

#8 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

You are apparently confusing "targeting" a ship with having a Target Lock on a ship. They are not the same thing.

#9 Slamdunk74

Slamdunk74

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Okay, I'm an idiot…Now I reread the rules via the book and not off my tablet and I see where I screwed things up… my bad..

I will now go sit in the corner and be quiet.

Have a great day

Mark

#10 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

No no!  You're not and idiot! Come out and play!

Seriously, if you knew some of the ways we've played the game wrong… it would make you literally laugh out loud. Keep playing, you'll get better!

#11 Slamdunk74

Slamdunk74

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

lol…… I love this game. I stopped by my LGS and there on display was the Falcon and Slave 1. So this weekend is a go for the Kessel Run.

Woot!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS