3 replies to this topic

#1 farren272

farren272

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Hi all,

My questions are as follows.

During my movement phase I land on the same space as a monster.

a) do I have to Evade and/or Fight Immediately.

b) if I do fight and perhaps lose, am I then still able to ecounter the monster during my encounter phase?

c) if the answer to b) is yes, do I still go on to encounter the space I have landed on as well (could be a gate, could mean during a card)?

Hope my questions make sense :-/

Cheers

Farren

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

a) Yes.

b) No, monsters on the board are only encountered during the Movement phase.

#3 farren272

farren272

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Ah, OK. Thank you.

One final question then.

Do I have to encounter a monster if it end up on the same space as me during 'its' movement phase?

Farren

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,264 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

farren272 said:

Ah, OK. Thank you.

One final question then.

Do I have to encounter a monster if it end up on the same space as me during 'its' movement phase?

Farren

Monsters move only during Phase V (Mythos Phase), but investigators have to face them only during Phase II (Movement Phase), so, no, there is no way that you have to deal with any of them when they move. Nonetheless, if at the beginning of Phase II you are in the same area as a monter, you have to deal with it (clearly, you can Evade it and then move away)

Hope this helps!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS