End of the adventure packs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MechaBri.Zilla

MechaBri.Zilla

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

So, I keep hearing that we will be seeing the end of the adventure pack releases and that we are FFG will just release the larger expansion boxes from now on.  But it looks like there is at least one more AP cycle that hasn't really kicked off yet, Against the Shadow. 

Where are the rumors coming from about the adventure packs?

#2 vandertramps

vandertramps

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

its a change in releases for call of chutulu, one of their other lcg's. when it was announced a lot of people assumed this method of release would be applied to all the other lcg's, even though FFG said it was only for chutulu.

#3 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

this was rumoured on the forum before HON was first previewed. there is nothing to go on that the same will happen to lotr. its just speculation

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#4 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

It makes more sense for a competitve game to get fewer realeases with a better balance of cards (you won't  have to wait 3 packs to get a combo anymore)

For a co-op game though, I actually think the little expansions make more sense - the big ones come with lots of extra monster carfds but only a minor increase in player cards.You really want to release lots of small packs to keep interest throughout the year (since you don't have tournaments or competitive play to keep interest - and if people lose interest they may stop buying altogether).

#5 shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Rapier said:

It makes more sense for a competitve game to get fewer realeases with a better balance of cards (you won't  have to wait 3 packs to get a combo anymore)

And don't forget, COC has been out for 8 years or so.

The Grey Company; Master of Lore; & Frebooter Kommand are all things I work on.

#6 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

I completely agree Rapier!

#7 MechaBri.Zilla

MechaBri.Zilla

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for the info.  

I love CoC, but haven't played in years due to the difficulty in finding players in my area.  I supose the expansion release style may work for that game, but I'd hate to see it extended to LotR.  I love this game because of the ability to play one player, and I love the Adventure Packs, since it is essentially a new game every time I get one and at 12-14 bucks a month, I don't feel like I'm being bled dry each time one comes out.

#8 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

If you listen to the Cardboard of the Rings podcast, Caleb revealed to the team that the LotR:LCG line is one of the most profitable products. I can't see them messing a formula that is currently working. I think this game has a solid future ahead of it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS