Maps and general requests for KRT's

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I know in the Tournament Rules it states that "the TO must set up tables suitable for tournament play. Each table must contain a 3' by 3' square play area with clearly delineated edges."

I may end up TOing one of the KRT's, so I thought I should bring this up. If you are expecting 12-20+ people, I don't know of anyone that has that many maps, aside from FFG themselves. I have one map that is tournament legal, and 2 felt ones that can be used as well, but there's no way I can field enough maps for everyone. So, I'm just putting it out there as a blanket request, please bring your maps to the KRT events you will be attending, as long as they fit within the scope of the rules. I know the TO's will welcome having as many maps as possible, as who knows how many people will show up at each venue. Thank you.

Also, other blanket statements I would like to add:

1. please bring a core set and all of its necessary components. "The TO is not expected to supply any game components to players." Not saying that we won't, but more saying that the onus is on the players to do so.

2. Please read the current Tournament Rules pdf from FFG. That is what will govern your tournament, and having knowledgeable players will make the tournament run more smoothly.

3. Please, please read the Core Set Rulebook again. I know, you've already read it, but I can't tell you how many games I played where we did something wrong without even knowing about it. Then after reading the rulebook AGAIN, we found out what we were doing wrong. Especially for all of the newer players that will be participating, please give your rulebook another thorough reading, as it will also make the day go much smoother if both players (as well as the TO/judge) know what the rules are before playing. Also, the Rules forum on here is good to peruse as well, but not instead of, this request.

4. Most importantly, have fun! :)

#2 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

I also think #4 is the most important! reir

Also, as mentioned in another thread, be sure to check your damage decks. If you have bought multiple core sets and mixed the damage decks together, you need to separate them out and bring only one full original damage deck to the tournament table. I've copied the deck list from the other thread below for convenience.

Blinded Pilot x2

Console Fire x2

Damaged Cockpit x2

Damaged Engine x2

Damaged Sensor Array x2

Direct Hit! x7

Injured Pilot x2

Minor Explosion x2

Minor Hull Breach x2

Munitions Failure x2

Structural Damage x2

Stunned Pilot x2

Thrust Control Fire x2

Weapon Malfunction x2

Good luck to all!

#3 JasmineG

JasmineG

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the deck list, printing that out as a player aid. I have several players with multiple core sets. This will be handy. I'm also thinking that I need to print multiples of the rules and faqs to put them at each table. I might even have everyone, who can, bring me their squad list earlier in the week. This way when I check them in they have less of a wait.

reir Cheers!

#4 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Glad to be of help, and excellent ideas, JasmineG! I'm not going to be a TO, but I will print out extra copies of the tourney rules, damage deck list and FAQ to help out my FLGS on the day.

Also, here is a little known resource to help TOs - this is a squad list form from FFG themselves:

http://www.fantasyfl...-deck-sheet.pdf

PLAYERS: Help your local TO out by filling in this form, printing it and bringing it with you to the tourney.

TOs: Print the blank forms (there are 2 to the page) and have players fill them out at the tourney.

Additionally you could use the reverse side to keep track of the squad's pairings and win/loss/score record for the event.

Let's all help the venues, TOs and players to make this the best event possible!

#5 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Great find, Ziggy.  And wonderful suggestion in "pre-registering" your squad, by the way.

I thought I would have to make a registration form from scratch, in the event I will be a TO in a future tournament locally.

#6 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

TO's. Make sure you are organized for this tournament. I ran a 7 player Charity tournament over Thanksgiving. It went pretty smooth. I had every player fill out the Army list sheet provided by Fantasy Flight and turn it in. I also have Army Builder software which I put each player's build into. That is the fastest way to double check army and point lists. I also created a sheet that had each of the turn steps typed out and at each play area for players to reference. 

The biggest key is to have yourself prepared to set pairings quickly after each round. After the last match of a round, you will need to have pairings out as quickly yet accurately as possible. As a TO please remember you are wearing many hats. You are organizing play, making rule judgements, and settling any and all disputes. If you can do a mock tournament to prepare yourself and your LGS for this. Because the prizes will be coveted by all, this tournament will need to run as smooth as possible. Good Luck. 

xwingtoman

#7 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

TO's, know the Kath Scarlet/Heavy laser Cannons/Mercenary Copilot interaction before the final match starts. In my estimation (I could be wrong), I believe the cards will get resolved in this order:

Heavy Laser Cannons first, then Mercenary Copilot, then Kath Scarlet depending on the defender's dice.

The question will come up, so be ahead of the game and know how you are going to rule it beforehand.

#8 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hothie, Probably not a good idea to reveal the KRE final list items. It is supposed to be a surprise. Unless Fantasy Flight has published it. It is supposed to keep the players on an even playing field. Just FYI.

xwingtoman

#9 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

hothie did not reveal this. It was spoiled, according to the time stamp, three days ago on this very forum, in this thread. I didn't see it until today, but let's do a little looking around before we make accusations.

I'm with you on the spoiler, though, I think it would have been better to have it be a surprise. I am still wondering why some venues chose to have their events before the officially sanctioned dates.

#10 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

timewalker03 said:

Hothie, Probably not a good idea to reveal the KRE final list items. It is supposed to be a surprise. Unless Fantasy Flight has published it. It is supposed to keep the players on an even playing field. Just FYI.

As it turns out, I'm not actually TOing any events. I didn't think anything about the final lists a few days ago when I saw that thread, but now that we know what all of the cards do, I thought I should be prepared for the unlikely event that i make it to the final game. So I went on there and looked at what the cards do and how they interact. I just thought this particular combination is something that TO's should be aware of, as i guarantee the question will come up as to how to resolve it.

See you saturday, and as it sounds, there will be quite a crowd there.

Oh, and Zig, from what I've read, the Australia event was last weekend to coincide with a convention there.

#11 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

hothie said:

TO's, know the Kath Scarlet/Heavy laser Cannons/Mercenary Copilot interaction before the final match starts. In my estimation (I could be wrong), I believe the cards will get resolved in this order:

Heavy Laser Cannons first, then Mercenary Copilot, then Kath Scarlet depending on the defender's dice.

The question will come up, so be ahead of the game and know how you are going to rule it beforehand.

I agree!  HLC says "Immediately after rolling your attack dice…" which tells me that happens as soon as the dice hit the table.

You should do any rerolling that you are able to do next which will trigger the HLC ability again.

Once the rolling and rerolling are completed, MC lets you turn one hit to a crit.

Then if there is still a crit remaining that gets cancelled by the defenders dice or evade token, KS's ability comes into play.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

#12 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

hothie said:

timewalker03 said:

As it turns out, I'm not actually TOing any events. I didn't think anything about the final lists a few days ago when I saw that thread, but now that we know what all of the cards do, I thought I should be prepared for the unlikely event that i make it to the final game. So I went on there and looked at what the cards do and how they interact. I just thought this particular combination is something that TO's should be aware of, as i guarantee the question will come up as to how to resolve it.

See you saturday, and as it sounds, there will be quite a crowd there.

Oh, and Zig, from what I've read, the Australia event was last weekend to coincide with a convention there.

Yes, but there was another one that Parakitor won his Interceptor at, he said it took place last Saturday.  I think that one was in the states somewhere. Didn't you play him at Worlds?

#13 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Just for FYI the ships in the finals are pre builds.

xwingtoman

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS