Arkham Horror 3rd Edition

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 anonymous

anonymous

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Regardless of how much you want to lie to yourselves, there won't be any more expansions. Two years after the last expansion for Descent there was a 2nd edition and I believe the same will happen with AH (except the current AH is actually 2nd edition so the next one will be 3rd). Your fanboyism might not let you see it, but face it, AH is dated. It's too long, it doesn't scale well with all numbers of players, it takes too much space… Another reason, and it might just be me though I doubt it, the amount of AH expansions scares new players. The most obvious reason, though, is of course money. After KH it's kinda pointless to release new expansions. New board expansions? most players struggle with space as it is. New small expansions? they will just be watered down to the point where a second "expansion that expands expansions" will be needed. Investigator/GOO/Herald/Guardian packs? keep dreaming. Face it, it's not happening. So the only realistic thing FFG can do to make more money out of the franchise is AH:3E, just like they did with Descent.

Now before you all start getting really angry, ask yourself this: Why do you care if FFG release AH:3E? No one forces you to buy it. Is it because no more expansion would come out to 2E? Well they won't come to 2E anyway, 3E or not. 

#2 thecorinthian

thecorinthian

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Tbh mate it sounds like you care about it a lot more than I do…

#3 anonymous

anonymous

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

thecorinthian said:

Tbh mate it sounds like you care about it a lot more than I do…

I want AH:3E…

#4 thecorinthian

thecorinthian

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Me too! Or rather: I think it'd be better than more expansions for this edition. But then, I've thought that since Innsmouth Horror came out. It does feel like they've run out of ways to expand the game as it is.

#5 anonymous

anonymous

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

thecorinthian said:

Me too! Or rather: I think it'd be better than more expansions for this edition. But then, I've thought that since Innsmouth Horror came out. It does feel like they've run out of ways to expand the game as it is.

Cool. Didn't think any 2E player would agree with me.

#6 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

I sense a presence in this thread…

#7 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Tibs said:

I sense a presence in this thread…

So do I…

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#8 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

…after a very long respite without him, he's baaaaack!

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#9 suicidepuppet

suicidepuppet

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

So, in other words, it will be just like it is now? Fan content will go on and I won't be purchasing anything else from FFG? (Yes, no support for ES or AH for over a year has cost them several huindred dollars from me in sales…but who cares…right? Cause these days it seems to be all about STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS …ugh…

Oh well, we have plenty to keep us busy and FCC seems to get stronger all the time.

And yes, that is a NO vote to the re-boot :)

(Hey everybody, yes I am alive…don't ask me how..hi Julia!)

#10 anonymous

anonymous

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hey, SW LCG is awesome enfadado

#11 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

suicidepuppet said:

Hi W-SP ;-) Hope you're fine, my friend :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#12 suicidepuppet

suicidepuppet

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Julia said:

suicidepuppet said:

Hi W-SP ;-) Hope you're fine, my friend :-)

Stayin' strong and trying to catch up emails soooo…

:-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS