• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PzVIE

PzVIE

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

… if there will be one.

Well, I'm a fan of MoV since the old Avalon Hill days, and the job FFG did with the new edition is outstanding. Apart from two things:

- the credit markers - there aren't simply enough of them and the denominations are not very good distributed.So more of them please.

- The Dashboards. The complete game is of outstanding quality, except for the dashboards. But these things get handled every turn! Why did they use such a thin cardboard? They did the same in the Civilization game! I quite don't understand this. And I hope, they will put thick and sturdy cardboard replacements in the expansion set. Along with the 5th and 6th player.

Any other requests from you fellow Merchants?

#2 BGFDag2_PT

BGFDag2_PT

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Only one wish… for 2013.

Since the FFG made a new player dashboard (standard version) with laser and shields dials. Then this game with exploration/trade theme can turn more close of MerchantS & Marauders style. That's my wish (Exploration/Trades/Combat).

#3 Cargocultist

Cargocultist

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

More solo challenges to add variety. Rebalancing of the existing ones (some turn 7 and13 are harder than turn 25 challenges).

After playing just three solo games, winning one, I have shelved MOV until the expansion because I can see how each game would play out, with no surprises. Get data probe and hard burn, hope for a good draw of challenge cards and some lucky early movement dice rolls. The game is a lot of fun but solo play needs work to become replayable.

#4 TheImp

TheImp

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Agree with the solo challenges some of them are next to impossible and you have to be really lucky. I am OK with the dashboards not really sure I need thicker ones.

Edited by TheImp, 06 September 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#5 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

I don't know but MoV is my discovery of the year.  It's been a damn long time since I had so much fun playing a game!

#6 Cipheron

Cipheron

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

I don't know but MoV is my discovery of the year.  It's been a damn long time since I had so much fun playing a game!

I 2nd that. Best buy in app. 1 year. I recently bought Winter tales and Star Wars X-Wing, but both games neither floored my as much as MoV did. A really great game, but i also think that the dashboards are unnecessarily thin, there are two few 10-credit-tokens and the solo rulez are...apart. but besides that, a fantastic addition. greetz!

#7 Salem

Salem

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

I never played the original, but I really enjoy this game!  I just hope that if they create an expansion, they don't over-complicate things!  The game has a really sweet balance to it now.

#8 Red Five

Red Five

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Some different pilots would be good, maybe some 20 credit tokens would be useful too. I notice that the game is currently being reprinted so its definitely selling. It would be good if someone did a Futurama mod!

#9 vandimar77

vandimar77

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:58 AM

With you on the requirement for more credit tokens. Oh and more pilots is a given, since only four of the races are covered. I love MoV; but it's a time sink and the idea of an epic length game is quite frankly scary :)

#10 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

After some thought I have a really hard time finding what kind of expansion this game would benefit from...

Sure more Credit tokens is a must and maybe some new pilots which is always cool to have.  

- Maybe a new two-sided board with a new Classic and Standard map? Maybe a more hazardous map that would need more careful piloting?

- Maybe new sets of races (including goods and techs)? To complement and/or replace those in the base game?

- A side board that could add a new cluster to explore? Smaller than the base board of course.

I really can't see, apart from "more of the same", what kind of expansion this game would greatly benefit from.  It is already amazing I can't see what would make it even better!

#11 wiedun

wiedun

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

I love this game. Which suprised me. All that ranting Standard vs Classic put me off a lttle bit. Played only Standard so far and it,s great. More Challenge Cards please. The rest is great !

#12 vandimar77

vandimar77

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Not played the Classic game; but by all accounts it's a bit like the Standard game... but somewhat stripped down. Or perhaps I should say that the Standard game is like the Classic game... but somewhat bulked out. I love MoV but it's not a game that I can bring to the table that often as it's always going to stretch to the four hour mark and beyond. I think that maybe FFG should have considered optional rules to allow all players to complete one phase of a round, then all go on to the next etc; as this would vastly reduce downtime. Admittedly I haven't found that the game lags too much; but as it stands I think that many players I know would be put off taking part in a 5 or 6 player game even if an expansion offered the option of one due to having to wait so long for their turns.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS