Regarding pds DS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 goblin15

goblin15

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:14 PM

regarding the Ds(new from SE exspansjon) Pds fire. the ds rule sayes it hits on 6+ and shoots 1 ship and 1 gf per hit.  Not hits byt 1 ship so i can take down 1 dread or war sun alone white 1 hit. right and we cant take the killed ship to a fighter as they are not technial a ship

#2 Psyco

Psyco

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

A fighter can be taken.  No, it supposed to be hit instead of casualty, so it can't take down a War Sun/Dread.

#3 Nehkrimah

Nehkrimah

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

I agree, a Fighter can be destroyed, and a Dread can be damaged by this DS. Naturally, if you only have a Dread, and the DS hits twice then the Dread will die.

#4 goblin15

goblin15

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:39 AM

Is there a ofical ruling on this anywere, that i can show to ppl, or is it just commen sense

#5 Tawnos76

Tawnos76

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:41 AM

AUTOMATED DEFENSE SYSTEM
Roll 2 dice. For each 6+ lose 1 ship in
this system and one landing Ground
Force. If no Ground Forces remain on
this planet, it remains uncontrolled. The
first player to successfully invade this
planet removes this counter and may
place one free PDS unit on the planet.

I have always ruled this in my games as written.  Ir reads to Lose 1 ship not  take a hit on 1 ship. 

Therefore it will destroy in 1 hit a DN or WS as written.  There has been no FAQ to change this and it should be played as is unless you houserule it.

This should be a difficult DS to beat as if you win you get a free PDS out of the invasion.

Fighters can be taken as casualties as it does not state non-fighter ship in the rules text.  So having a few extra fighters along is a plus.

#6 Mike_Evans

Mike_Evans

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:18 AM

Common sense here conflicts with the wording.  If this hasn't been FAQ'd, now is the time to put it in the thread where Corey has requested such questions.

#7 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:23 AM

I agree that the text was probably meant to be a hit, not a whole ship.  I wouldn't play it that you lose a whole ship, that is a bit over the top.

As for Fighters - Fighters ARE ships.  Any situation where fighters don't count for whatever always SPECIFICALLY say "non-Fighter" ships.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS