I saw this and thought of you

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ErikB

ErikB

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

If you want a picture of the Empire, imagine a jackboot stamping on a beings face - forever.

#2 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Well, yeah.

StTheo's "Helljumper" art started off as Space Marines. He does some 40k art, too. I'm not a huge fan of his work but it's cool enough.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#3 FieserMoep

FieserMoep

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

I know this too. It still has some 40k characteristics but his art as changed to fit his own fantasy more than the 40k lore. Its kinda fancy though I do not like some aspects like the sledge-hammer, a combat knife attached on the own heraldry or these ugly horns.^^ A matter of taste.

#4 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

One of my player's characters wears an ornamental cape. I politely avoid pointing out the likelyhood of said cape making it through even a single mission intact…

#5 ErikB

ErikB

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Adeptus-B said:

One of my player's characters wears an ornamental cape. I politely avoid pointing out the likelyhood of said cape making it through even a single mission intact…

Bling is a big part of the 40k look though. But Hellsreach describes how the Marines start the campaign with their armour draped in purity seals and banners and prayer scrolls and books chained to shoulderpads and whatnot, but by the end of the battle it has all been burned off , and their suits are chared and covered in burns and scars. Which is quite a nice image.

If you want a picture of the Empire, imagine a jackboot stamping on a beings face - forever.

#6 FieserMoep

FieserMoep

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

ErikB said:

Bling is a big part of the 40k look though. But Hellsreach describes how the Marines start the campaign with their armour draped in purity seals and banners and prayer scrolls and books chained to shoulderpads and whatnot, but by the end of the battle it has all been burned off , and their suits are chared and covered in burns and scars. Which is quite a nice image.

Battle-Scars/Damage etc. is just another kind of bling as long as they make you look cool.^^

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS