Kessel Run top two force lists

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GhostHawk

GhostHawk

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Got our kit today and thought I would put the list up for the preconfigured squads for the top two players.

Rebel Faction 100

Lando Calrissian  44

Nien Nunb   1

Chewbacca   4

Millennium Falcon   1

Arvel Crynyd   23

Green Squadron Pilot   19

Homing Missiles   5

Push the Limit   3

Imperial Faction 100

Kath Scarlet  38

Heavy Laser Cannon  7

Mercenary Copilot  2

Soontir Fel  27

Daredevil   3

Stealth Device   3

Avenger Squadron Pilot  20

#2 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Kath Scarlet is indeed the pilot of a Firespray. She comes from Starwars: Galaxies as a space pirate without a selected side. This is the second time something's come from Galaxies… maybe it's worth perusing their database sometime to figure out what we could expect?

#3 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Kinda stinks they are premade lists for that. Would have been interesting to build up your own from the choices.

#4 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Heavy Laser is 7 points? That must be one heck of an upgrade.

I really hope that is equippable on the Y- wing! Can you tell from that material what type of upgradicon that is?

Be seeing you.

#5 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

can we get pictures for spoilers or anything?

#6 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

So, after looking at these lists and the new abilities, which side do you choose?

I find it odd that FFG chose to use Kath, Heavy laser Cannons, and Mercenary copilot. TO's better know how that is going to work before they try to judge this match. Seriously, look at all 3 of those cards beforehand.

In my estimation, it looks like the Imperial squad is far better. Skill levels 9, 7, and 3 vs 7, 6, and 3, so if Imperial player has init, soontir and Kath will be attacking before the Rebel player does. The Imperial squad has more firepower with better maneuvering upgrades.

Rebel player better pray for init, as both large bases are skill level 7, and that will make a big difference who gets to move their large base ship and get actions and who doesn't.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks to me like the rebel squad is outmatched before the ships are even opened. I'm not even sure how i would play this as the Rebel. I guess focus on the 3 hull, 0 shield Interceptors and deal with Slave 1 with whoever is left. It is not going to be easy at all for the Rebel player.

#7 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

hothie said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks to me like the rebel squad is outmatched before the ships are even opened. I'm not even sure how i would play this as the Rebel. I guess focus on the 3 hull, 0 shield Interceptors and deal with Slave 1 with whoever is left. It is not going to be easy at all for the Rebel player.

Interestingly, the Rebels won at my LGS. Both the YT-1300 and an A-wing survived. There was a LOT of action-losing collisions going on. I agree that gunning for the TIE interceptors is a good strategy, but the A-wings only have 2 attack dice, and Soontir Fel is equipped with Stealth Device, granting him 4 agility dice. That's tough to beat. …now I'm trying to remember how it was the Rebels pulled off the victory. Oh, right. It was the 360 degree firing arc and insane shield/hull values of the YT-1300.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#8 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Torresse said:

can we get pictures for spoilers or anything?

All the pics are here:

http://home.comcast....ler/rebels.html

Just move the mouse over the desired card.

I'm also very disappointed in the pre-building of the final battle. Ah well. I just hope to get to the final round!

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#9 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Thinking a 3 Wing Offensive list.

Wedge Antilles + R5-K6 + Expert Handling (33)

Horton Salm + R5 Astromech + Proton Torpedoes + Proton Torpedoes + Ion Cannon Turret (39)

Biggs Darklighter + R2-F2 (28)

#10 uncleloki

uncleloki

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hmmm, it seems that FFG only included 1 A-Wing and 1 Tie Interceptor in the kit sent to my local store, which kind of sucks, especially given that they had to pay for it.  I'm guessing we'll just have to sub out one of each for something from the top players collections instead.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS