Photo

For $8, Tibs and AVI rule! I have AVI to thank for our first real defeat. :-)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CrusherJoe

CrusherJoe

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

And the thanks is genuine.  Two wins back to back (some rules I missed may not have helped as much as you might think; we all agree the cards were kind to us on game two) made the group a little cocky.  But I randomized investigators, randomized the AO and having five this time kicked it up a notch.  In addition to calling out the rules I ran an investigator just to get the open gate count lowered for Final Battle, and that's what happened. 

But it was the custom AO Hecate that ate our lunch.  I added Herbert West as the Herald, and cultists became a confusing menace. 

It was like the air got sucked out of the room when the last of us got devoured.  It was awesome. 

I'll probably hand pick Yig for next time, just to give them a breather.  And maybe no Herald.  That was a lot to keep up with.  But we'll get used to it. 

The big news is that for $8 I got officemax to print up a dozen Heralds and AOs from Tibs and AVI, so gentlemen, thank you for your work.  I was happy to pay less than a sawbuck for added variety.  That'll keep paying off for a while.  The links to the content came from Jake's greatest fan-content hits post.

KiY arrived at my house ($15!) and I can't wait to work it in.  Then Dunwich for Xmas.

#2 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

CrusherJoe said:

And the thanks is genuine.  Two wins back to back (some rules I missed may not have helped as much as you might think; we all agree the cards were kind to us on game two) made the group a little cocky.  But I randomized investigators, randomized the AO and having five this time kicked it up a notch.  In addition to calling out the rules I ran an investigator just to get the open gate count lowered for Final Battle, and that's what happened. 

But it was the custom AO Hecate that ate our lunch.  I added Herbert West as the Herald, and cultists became a confusing menace. 

It was like the air got sucked out of the room when the last of us got devoured.  It was awesome. 

I'll probably hand pick Yig for next time, just to give them a breather.  And maybe no Herald.  That was a lot to keep up with.  But we'll get used to it. 

The big news is that for $8 I got officemax to print up a dozen Heralds and AOs from Tibs and AVI, so gentlemen, thank you for your work.  I was happy to pay less than a sawbuck for added variety.  That'll keep paying off for a while.  The links to the content came from Jake's greatest fan-content hits post.

KiY arrived at my house ($15!) and I can't wait to work it in.  Then Dunwich for Xmas.

Wow, first I get a thank you for heralds, then I get a thank you for FAQ ;'D I feel like this week's second thanksgiving.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the custom content. I appreciate the expression of appreciation :')  I.e. you're welcome.

Someday perhaps you'll brave The League :'D  I'd also suggest digging around (or asking someone else where it is), for my demi-gods Nyarlathotep variant. (It's somewhere in the fan creations section).  Send a link to Jake's greatest fan-content post?

Oops, google ;')

http://www.fantasyfl...=407250&efpag=2

It's reply number 40.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS