• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hooray! A video tutorial! Now I need to go watch it. . .

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#2 Entropy42

Entropy42

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

This is sooo 18 seconds ago…

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Entropy42 said:

This is sooo 18 seconds ago…

Yeah! I totally don't get it. I saw the announcement, came to the forums to check that nobody posted, saw no new posts, so posted. I just came back now and I see that Toqtamish had posted 8 minutes prior to me. How did that happen?

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I posted 18 seconds before you. Thus Entropy42's post.

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Regardless, the fact that you posted this 18 seconds before Budgernaut, and that this fact was pointed out, has resulted in this thread generating a far more lively discussion. Go figure.

On topic (sort of?), I've discussed it with my group, and we're going to institute a house rule that when playing the game, one must speak in a voice similar to that of this video's narrator, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Failure to do this will entitle the opponent(s) to place 1 damage on an objective of their choice (limit once per game).

EDIT: I figure we'll also count Yoda, Vader, etc. voices as well. But you must speak with a "Warsy" voice at all times. :P

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

How about a house rule that all destroyed cards must be actually disintegrated?

#7 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

dbmeboy said:

No disintegrations.

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

MarthWMaster said:

dbmeboy said:

No disintegrations.

You (and Vader) take all of the fun out of bounty hunting…

#9 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

So it will be released in two weeks, which makes release date 21st December. That is very tight for xmas shopping, though it'll still take far too long to get to the UK after the fact. If I can wait 18 months for this, though, I suppose I can get through just another few weeks…

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#10 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

If the world actually ends on the 21st, this will be a satisfying last game to play before the zombies and space aliens start appearing.

#11 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Sadly with that release date I won't have it till after Christmas as it takes about a week after release for it to arrive here and no doubt that will be slower with the holidays.

#12 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

spalanzani said:

So it will be released in two weeks, which makes release date 21st December. That is very tight for xmas shopping, though it'll still take far too long to get to the UK after the fact. If I can wait 18 months for this, though, I suppose I can get through just another few weeks…

I'm still holding out hope that the 2 weeks was the upper limit and it might show up a little before that… but yeah, at this point most definitely too late for the UK, sorry.

#13 Entropy42

Entropy42

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

MarthWMaster said:

On topic (sort of?), I've discussed it with my group, and we're going to institute a house rule that when playing the game, one must speak in a voice similar to that of this video's narrator, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Failure to do this will entitle the opponent(s) to place 1 damage on an objective of their choice (limit once per game).

I watched the WHI video that this guy narrated (over 2 years ago now), and my playgroup never plays a Squig Herders or Durgnar the Bold without trying to mimic his voice.  Somehow, its still funny after the 100th time.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS