• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mordechai

Mordechai

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Hi everyone.

On page 10 of the rulebook, in A MATTER OF FOCUS, we read  "A card’s controller may focus a card to perform an ability or take some other action. When doing so, a focus token is placed on the card".

And then, on page 24 we find "All card abilities fall into one of the following types: constant effects, actions, traits, interrupts, reactions, and keywords."

So, if i'm correct, activate an Action = perform an ability

Now, my question is:

When I activate an Action or any other Ability on a card have I to place a Focus Token on that card to exhaust it?

Example: Repair Dorid [Action: Remove 1 damage from a target Vehicle unit. (Limit once per turn.)]

If I wanna play this Action (during  the Action Window) have I to place a Focus token on Repair Droid to remove 1 damage from the target?

This happen with obiectives too? THX

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

I agree that the wording there is a little confusing. The answer is that you only focus when the ability tells you to. For instance, if the ability read "Focus this card to…" So in the case of the repair droid, no focusing needed.
  • torquemadaza likes this

#3 Mordechai

Mordechai

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Great! Thank you…

#4 torquemadaza

torquemadaza

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for asking the question. It's exactly what I wanted to know too.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS