unit upgrade cards

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

I was thinking that they need to come up with unit upgrade cards. You all know what I am refering to. It would be cool to add spotter ability to bot hunters, or agility to the bbq squad. I know it was done in 40k as wargear cards in for heros, but I think a squad upgrade card could add some new uses for squads and keep your foe guessing "are they a standard squad or upgraded?" The card could also be block specific or only a single card of an upgrade in the set. Think of the possiblities.

Red guard command squad with a power tool to help take out walkers in close combat. Damage resilence to Red Devils or grim reapers.

Fantasy flight could do it as a print on demand type expansion. Please Fantasy flight make this happen.

#2 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

marcemtp said:

I was thinking that they need to come up with unit upgrade cards. You all know what I am refering to. It would be cool to add spotter ability to bot hunters, or agility to the bbq squad. I know it was done in 40k as wargear cards in for heros, but I think a squad upgrade card could add some new uses for squads and keep your foe guessing "are they a standard squad or upgraded?" The card could also be block specific or only a single card of an upgrade in the set. Think of the possiblities.

Red guard command squad with a power tool to help take out walkers in close combat. Damage resilence to Red Devils or grim reapers.

Fantasy flight could do it as a print on demand type expansion. Please Fantasy flight make this happen.

eww.. no

#3 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

blkdymnd said:

eww.. no

+1

#4 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Yeah, I agree that this seems like a really bad idea.

It seems like it would just reduce the differences between units that make each army unique.

Now, what I wish for is that FFG/Dust Games would do something to address obviously underperforming units, like the Hermann, Recon Boys, Honey, etc.

#5 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hey, i use honey! In our last game it even killed a beobachter..

#6 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Lska said:

Hey, i use honey! In our last game it even killed a beobachter..

Wow, that's pretty impressive!

Maybe next time it will kill a sniper grenadier! reir

#7 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I used a Honey in our last tourney.  Did respectable.

#8 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

It seems like it would just reduce the differences between units that make each army unique.

Now, what I wish for is that FFG/Dust Games would do something to address obviously underperforming units, like the Hermann, Recon Boys, Honey, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Well that is a use for the upgrade cards also is to fix those issues.

Recon boys could be given equipment like UGL, fast or scout without reducing the unique feel of the other armies.

#9 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Umm they already have UGL's and then there would be no point in owning particularunits if you can simply upgrade the others. I don't like this idea:P

#10 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Thanks for everyones input about how bad an idea i had.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS