Ranger Spikes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Just want to check my interpretation of this card - if this attaches to an enemy, it says players don't make engagement checks against it. I can still optionally enagage the enemy, though, right?

If the enemy it has "spiked" gets discarded, the spikes are also discarded, right? First time i read the card, I thought they would return to the staging area to attach to the next enemy, but now I can't see why I thought that.

#2 impaulm

impaulm

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

The spikes still allow you to optionally engage the enemy. I am pretty certain that it would only be discarded when the enemy dies, so if a shadow card sends the enemy back to the staging area before it does, I guess the card's effect returns?

#3 kennoastic

kennoastic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

CaffeineAddict said:

If the enemy it has "spiked" gets discarded, the spikes are also discarded, right? First time i read the card, I thought they would return to the staging area to attach to the next enemy, but now I can't see why I thought that.

rulebook page 9:

If the card to which an attachment is attached leaves play, the attachment card is discarded

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

on a related note i really love this card….so well designed. im looking forward to more trapsssssses

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#5 John85

John85

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

richsabre said:

on a related note i really love this card….so well designed. im looking forward to more trapsssssses

rich

The gollum in you wants more traps?

#6 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Yeah, it is a great card indeed. The problems with the similar cards like Expecting Mischief is that it requires scouting, Henamarth, Denethor, etc. Even Ithilien Tracker is much better with scouting. While the Spikes also benefit from the similar strategy, the fact that it can linger in the staging area for an enemy is great. The card has come handy especially in Pelargir, for us.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS