Kessel Run Woe's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Well next weekend is the tounament and im still trying to come up with a list to run. I dont know how many is going to show up to the tournament because my local game store just recently started selling this game. so the newness of x-wing may be an advantage to me in my area. but in all honesty I dont care so much about winning the tournament. I just want the chance to play this game more. and with different people. I have only got to play two real games, and im about to just start playing against myself so I can get more familiar with it. I have learned that astroids are a bane to tie fighters, because i remember no matter how hard I tried to avoid hitting an astroid with my tie fighter in a thick astroid field it led to its doom eventually. so I know I will not let my tie fighters fall into that trap if i choose impire to run.  On the rebles side I have played against them a couple of times I learn that they hit pretty hard and have good defense but my only problem is  that I cant ever figure out a good list for 2 x-wings and 1 Y-wing.  SO with my lack of experience with the Rebles im might just stick with what I know so far and run with Impire.  I just hope that Im not going to be going against nothing but Impire at the venue or its going to be a pretty dull tournament. I got a good Idea of what im going to run with for the impire  with 2 x tie advanced and 3x hopefully 4x tie fighters if postal permits from my order from Amazon the possibilites are vast. Im going for getting the most out of my dice rolls. so any extra kick I can get  im going to use it.

Good luck to everyone, I hope to see some tournament battle reports on here.

scythe of the empire

#2 Melkor503

Melkor503

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I love that this game has so many options, despite having only 4 models to choose from.  When I talk it up to my friends they always comment on how few ships there are.  I try to tell them that it is the pilots that create all the build options, and that the builds are almost endless. 

I will always tell players to play what they want to play.  Don't play what you think others want you to play.  

When you play what others want you to play, you will lose interest in playing.  It would be great if an equal number of Rebel players and Imperial players showed up at my venue, but I am not expecting that to happen.  I will be taking my Imperial fleet, and hoping for the best.  I have very limited experience with this game, so I am also looking forward just to playing and meeting other players.  Of couse, walking away with a Wave 2 ship would be SWEET!!!

#3 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I second the walking away with a wave 2 ship would be sweet.  But alas my fears have been confirmed, so far there are seven playes that are sighned up for the tournament and all but one are running an impire list so its going to be slightly dull, but in this case I think its going to come down to whos better at flying their squad.  Im not worried about trying to win a Slave 1 , I have one on pre order already paid for. But I would love to have a Milennium Falcon or a Tie interceptor. I think the end game match will be interesting to watch or take part in, Slave 1 against the Falcon. I'll stick around for that :) I,m personally going to run a 5 ship list, im not going for the super TIE spam list, because why go cheap on your ships when you have so many options with other ships to give you some form of tactical advantage. I hope my choice in ships and the knowledge of Impire ships weakness will help me out. Just go out there and do my best and have fun, It's what its all about.

scythe of the empire

#4 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I second the walking away with a wave 2 ship would be sweet.  But alas my fears have been confirmed, so far there are seven playes that have put in for the tournament and all but one are running an impire list so its going to be slightly dull, but in this case I think its going to come down to whos better at flying their squad.  Im not worried about trying to win a Slave 1 , I have one on pre order already paid for. But I would love to have a Milennium Falcon or a Tie interceptor. I think the end game match will be interesting to watch or take part in, Slave 1 against the Falcon. I'll stick around for that :) I,m personally going to run a 5 ship list, im not going for the super TIE spam list, because why go cheap on your ships when you have so many options with other ships to give you some form of tactical advantage. I hope my choice in ships and the knowledge of Impire ships weakness will help me out. Just go out there and do my best and have fun, It's what its all about.

scythe of the empire

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS