2 replies to this topic

#1 MonEl327

MonEl327

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hiya all!

Couple of rules questions for you:

1. For the Force Struggle, do the icons only count on READY units, and not exausted units?

2. I'm a bit confused on resolving strikes:

Vader and The Emperor vs. Luke, Ben, and Yoda.

LS wins the edge.  Luke goes after Vader, does his damage.  Vader attacks Yoda, does his damage.  Can Ben attack Vader next?  I think what I'm asking is, can every attacking unit attack one defending unit over the course of a turn, or are the battles more one on one?  

Also, the icons are resolved one at a time, so if a unit has two unit damage icons, and the first one that's resolved destroys the opposing unit, can I put the second one on another unit?

Thanks!

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Yes, the Force Struggle only includes Force Icons from ready units. (Rule book, page 15, left column.)

As for strikes, each icon type is resolved sequentially. You can choose which type to execute first, but you must do all of them. Tactics icon allows you to place all your focus tokens on one unit, or divide them among enemy units. Blast Damage obviously only goes on the engaged objective and only if you are attacking. Unit damage is all placed on a single enemy unit (Rule book, pages 20-21.) You cannot split up your unit damage unless you have cards that allow you to do so, such as . . . I'm sure there's a Jedi card that does it, but I can't remember which one.

EDIT: Ah yes. Here it is. Shii-Cho-Training. So with this card, you could potentially finish off a couple of enemies, but without such an ability, any damage you deal beyond an enemy unit's damage capacity is simply lost. It does not carry over.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 MonEl327

MonEl327

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Budgernaut said:

Yes, the Force Struggle only includes Force Icons from ready units. (Rule book, page 15, left column.)

As for strikes, each icon type is resolved sequentially. You can choose which type to execute first, but you must do all of them. Tactics icon allows you to place all your focus tokens on one unit, or divide them among enemy units. Blast Damage obviously only goes on the engaged objective and only if you are attacking. Unit damage is all placed on a single enemy unit (Rule book, pages 20-21.) You cannot split up your unit damage unless you have cards that allow you to do so, such as . . . I'm sure there's a Jedi card that does it, but I can't remember which one.

EDIT: Ah yes. Here it is. Shii-Cho-Training. So with this card, you could potentially finish off a couple of enemies, but without such an ability, any damage you deal beyond an enemy unit's damage capacity is simply lost. It does not carry over.

Cool, thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS