Attachments:

Healing Herbs x2

Boots from Erebor x2

Narvi's Belt x2

Hardy Leadership x2

Cram x3

Steward of Gondor x2

Unexpected Courage x2

I built this deck as a compliment to a friends Dain/Thalin/Gimili deck (which is why you don't see "play a dwarf draw a card", but to be fair, card draw isn't that much of a problem with this deck), but after playing with it for awhile, I'm really starting to like it.  Your resource advantage, threat advantage and card advantage are built right into the deck.

Once you get Bofur in your hand, threat management becomes that much easier.  I've had Nori/Bofur combo reduce threat by ridiculous amounts.

Once you get Navri's belt on Thorin, you can use Nori's resources exclusively for Bofur and Ori's resources exclusively for Record Keeper.

Its 51 cards, so I am debating dropping Brok.

Any suggestions to make it better, let me know.

#2 Eric W

Eric W

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

I am thinking about trying to squeeze a couple Very Good Tales into the deck.

#3 AjiTae

AjiTae

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

I like it ! It's quite similar to my deck.

Why not include 2 or 3 Erebor Battle Masters since you have Narvi's Belt ? And you can also put them in play using  A Very Good Tale (another good reason to put a couple of those in your deck since you were wondering) :)

#4 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I like it. Boots and Hardy Leadership seems like overkill to me. Personally, I would drop the boots in favor of 1 more each of "We are Not Idle" and "Daeron's Runes". These will help you get to your hardy leadership (and all of the other great cards in this deck) that much faster.

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

#5 Eric W

Eric W

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

danpoage said:

I like it. Boots and Hardy Leadership seems like overkill to me. Personally, I would drop the boots in favor of 1 more each of "We are Not Idle" and "Daeron's Runes". These will help you get to your hardy leadership (and all of the other great cards in this deck) that much faster.

I like that idea, because I wanted to get another Daeron's into the deck.  The funny thing is today in Jouney, Thorin had 6 wounds on him from the troll.  Boots and hardy leadership and the shadow effected negated his 1 armor.  I highly doubt that'd happen again, but it was funny.

-----------

I was thinking about the battlemaster as well, its such a nasty card.  I alwas fear doing things like that because what happens when I get him in my openning hand, he's just dead weight.  So I'd need 2-3 of him, then a 3rd narvi's belt, so I have to start dropping a lot of things.

#6 AjiTae

AjiTae

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Well you can just add some cards when you find them useful. You don't really have to remove anything (unless you get to my point but I'm struggling to keep it under 70 cards)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS