Photo

Kill Vader rebel build (or the fallen Hero's of Yavin IV)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

As the name implies its main purpose is to Kill Vader. Revenge for their untimely deaths at his hands.

Biggs w/R2-F2 and 1 torp

Garven w/R5 and 1 torp

Dutch w/R2, 2 torps and Ion Cannon

I know I don't stand much of a chance in tournament play, don't have the time or opponents to practice with, but I figure I can at least lose with some style and a very thematic build. If I get a chance to take out Vader, all the better.

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

BigDogg said:

As the name implies its main purpose is to Kill Vader. Revenge for their untimely deaths at his hands.

Biggs w/R2-F2 and 1 torp

Garven w/R5 and 1 torp

Dutch w/R2, 2 torps and Ion Cannon

I know I don't stand much of a chance in tournament play, don't have the time or opponents to practice with, but I figure I can at least lose with some style and a very thematic build. If I get a chance to take out Vader, all the better.

Actually, I'm not sure you'd lose all that badly. You definitely surrender position in the shooting order, but with the popularity of Swarm Tactics in Imperial lists you're not guaranteed to get that anyway. Meanwhile, Biggs with R2-F2 and free Focus every turn is impressively hard to kill, and free target locks from Dutch mean that either Garven is shooting with the nasty Focus + Target Lock combo, or Biggs takes Target Lock and has the opportunity to actually blow something away.

You might consider, though, dropping the R5 unit from Garven and upgrading Dutch's astromech to R5-K6. I really like R2s on Y-wings, but if the extra target lock triggers it's going to be a bad round for your opponent.

The major weakness is going to be Academy Pilots gumming up your actions, but good flying can mitigate that tactic, and meanwhile I'd say you've got a better chance than most 3-ship Rebel lists to take some of them down with you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS