• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Bunny Lord

Dark Bunny Lord

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

The complaint:

So a friend bought the start box (the $100 one that comes with the player and gm stuff) a while back and months later after wrapping up some of our other games we're just about ready to start playing the third addition of warhammer fantasy. We noted that we have 6 - 7 players (depends often one or two can't make it and they alternate a bit) so we'd need more cards and dice. The holiday sale seemed to provide the opportunity to buy plenty for very cheap. So a few of us went out and purchased a few of the holiday packages, a few of us just picking up the player vault and myself also picking up the adventurers toolkit. I THOUGHT that the vault would be great, after all it says it has "everything" a player needs to start playing, but low and behold when I open it up there certainly are "most" of what a player needs to play (classes, action cards, character sheets, tokens, etc) but NO DICE.
What's up with that? Afterwards I saw in it's list that it didn't say dice and admittadly I should have looked before hand, but I don't understand who's bright idea it was to not include the one thing players are going to need to be constantly picking up and handeling around the table in the box designated FOR players and instaed shove them in the gm box which you only need one of per group. After all more players means you're going to need more dice to expidite play but regardless of if you have two or thirty players you're only ever going to need one gm kit.
I'd just buy them from the store but checking from early Nov till now has continually showed that not an option as they've consistently been out of stock and my local game stores never have any either.

Solutions?

So the question is, has your group found somewhere else to purchase dice for this game at a reasonable price (unlike amazon who's asking nearly $60 for a partial set)?

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

We feel your frustration :| You have a couple options:

1. The GM's pack has 12 dice (enough for one person), and is on sale for the same price as a dice pack.

2. You can purchase the online-app for apple, which has a really cool shake-your-iphone-to-death function (one of my players liked it)

3. You can use a simple online dice roller program such as this one: https://dl.dropbox.c...b/diceprob.html

4. You could purchase some blank dice and do stickers (like the star wars players are doing right now).

There is much speculation why they're not bothering with the reprinting of the dice, but don't let it get you down.  The dice rolling mechanic is pretty catchy.  My group is 5, and I use 3 extra sets of dice so that everyone has something..but we still have pretty much a communal dice pile in the middle of the table.

jh

#3 Dark Bunny Lord

Dark Bunny Lord

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the input. I would get the gm pack on sale, alas it seems the sale ended a few days ago (at least to my knowledge as it's not on the front page anymore). Stickers actually sounds like a really good idea, I'll have to look around to see if anyones made them for quick print and if not just make a few of my own. I believe our GM has 2 sets (one from the core and an extra from the gm kit).

Oh and I would love to be able to do the dice app, alas no iphone/pad and we meet at the back of a small all you can eat restaraunt place to play for years now so even bringing my laptop is out of the question for most games. Though if we ever play at someones place (rarely) I'll be sure to try that out.

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Now they're selling the GM's vault (includes all those dice) for $8.00 on the Amazon's "WFRP3 Clearance Sale."  Extra wound decks too I believe ;)

jh

#5 Dark Bunny Lord

Dark Bunny Lord

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Emirikol said:

Now they're selling the GM's vault (includes all those dice) for $8.00 on the Amazon's "WFRP3 Clearance Sale."  Extra wound decks too I believe ;)

jh

Appreciated, I actually went and bought it for $7 a few days ago on amazon, should get here friday. Not quite a full set but it'll have to do for the time being and at least should alleviate a bit of the "grabby hands" over our current dice pool in the middle.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS