Kessel Run Bellevue Nebraska

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

The Game Shoppe in Bellevue Nebraska will be running the Kessel Run event on Saturday December 15, 2012 at 2pm. Signup for the event will be open from 1pm and will close at 2pm when pairings are issued. This is a free event. 

The tournament rounds will be 60 minutes, and the number of rounds will be determined by the number of players that signup to play. 

Prizes will be given to the top 4 players as per the Kessel Run event instructions by Fantasy Flight Games. There will also be a giveaway of two ships in a random drawing after the event, to those who did not place in the top 4. 

I hope to see many of you at the event.

Sean

xwingtoman

#2 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

A couple of things I need to add. To play in the tournament you will need to bring with you a pre-built 100 point ship build. You will play this throughout the entire tournament. You will register your list and I will input it into army builder for record. I will print you a copy if you want one.

Second item you must have is a core set box which contains the following: Dice (minimum 3 green defense dice and 3 red attack dice, movement sticks, damage deck, and range stick.

Last you must have pilot and upgrade cards for your fleet, and the ships to match your army.

xwingtoman

#3 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Asteroids?

I know there will be a group from Lincoln there, and I'm goin to try and bring a group from Des Moines. See you there!

#4 Wolverine14

Wolverine14

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

My son and I will be there from sioux city and looking forward to it. Is the event free? I thought you were charging $10 so thats why I ask for clarification. Thanks for running this and doing the drawing for non winners is amazing. Thanks again.

#5 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

It is Free. It would be nice if people bought some product but free for sure. Cannot wait to see see everyone there.

xwingtoman

#6 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

By the way the Kessel run ships are in. This will be so great.

xwingtoman

#7 Wolverine14

Wolverine14

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Buy something? Why wouldnt I please take my money.B-)

#8 Spyral

Spyral

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

How friendly are these events to non-players/spectators?

I'm really interested in this game, and I'd like to see it played before I get involved, but I certainly don't want to get in anyone's way.

#9 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Spyral said:

How friendly are these events to non-players/spectators?

I'm really interested in this game, and I'd like to see it played before I get involved, but I certainly don't want to get in anyone's way.

At the World Championship tournament last month, I can honestly say that was one of the nicest, friendliest groups of gamers I have ever played with. I can only extrapolate that it will be the same at other venues. From what I have seen, Sean has created a great atmosphere at the Game Shoppe for playing Xwing. I know at least 6 of the people that will be there, and I can say that observers will be welcome and encouraged.

Just watch your mouth, or you may find yourself floating home…:D

#10 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

This may be a silly question, but when you say that we must have a core set box, do you mean the physical box itself, or just the minimum components you list? I carry my stuff in an alternate container, and if I need to bring the core box that is no problem, but just checking to see if that is what you meant in your post above.

#11 Crimson.Owl

Crimson.Owl

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Page three lists all the legalities for product use.  Nothing says you need the original cardboard box.  Just the stuff inside.

http://www.fantasyfl...tRules_V1.1.pdf

#12 Spyral

Spyral

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

hothie said:

Just watch your mouth, or you may find yourself floating home…:D

I planned upon pointing obnoxiously and exclaiming "What's that flashing?!"

#13 Wolverine14

Wolverine14

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Cant wait to meet all you guys and play in this. See ya tommorrow.

#14 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

It will be a fun day. As far ast the basic box question is concerned, it means the components. The physical box is the option. I will be at the shop at noon to begin setup. Cannot wait to meet everyone.

xwingtoman

#15 timewalker03

timewalker03

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Great night for the Kessel Run. Had 20 players and many battles. Somewhere along the way We had a visit from a mysterious couple of ships.Will post more tomorrow. Congrats to Brandon for winning the Tournament, and Chris for winning the KRE battle. Great job guys.

Sean

http://www.flickr.co...N04/8276953814/

xwingtoman

#16 Wolverine14

Wolverine14

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Thanks again for running this I had a lot of fun. Rich J.

#17 Crimson.Owl

Crimson.Owl

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

20 people!  What a great turn out.    Thanks to everyone who came from near and far.  Thanks to Sean for organizing and thanks to the Game Shoppe for hosting it.   It made for a long day but a last thanks to everyone I played. I did bot have a game I did not enjoy.  

#18 Crimson.Owl

Crimson.Owl

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Two items, I realize I am double-posting but both are very important.

Item 1:  I had a Boost Action reference card get mixed in with my Slave-1 stuff last night.  One of the Interceptor winners is going to be missing that.  I'll either ship it to their address, or happily leave it at the Game Shoppe for them if they are a local.

Item 2:  Chris and I had a great game and he still won the match so I don't feel as bad.  Slave-1 in that match-up did NOT have a barrel roll, I was confusing it with the Evade token.  That would have likely changed the match a bit, and hindsight is 20/20.  This was an honest mistake, I'm only now realizing it.  A personal message to Chris:  If you want to duke it out in a rematch any time, let me know.  :) 

#19 Wolverine14

Wolverine14

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Yes that boost card is mine Im missing one from the Interceptor pack I got.  Ill try IMing you my address if you could send it I would really appreciate it.  Thanks again!

Rich J.

#20 Crimson.Owl

Crimson.Owl

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I will swing by the post office when i am on my lunch break.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS