Plastic X-wing Move & Range Templates

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

UPDATE Sorry the previous link I had posted is broken please use the following now:

http://www.appliedpe...op-gaming-aids/

Since I posted the templates I had my friend Adam make for X-wing the demand from the community for the plastic cut X-wing templates was so large he has added them to his standard product list and has them available now for easy purchase on his website for all those interested. (Website link above)

Here is a photo he took of them for display, looks like he took a lot of the suggestions from the players on here on how to improve on the origginal development so I hope you guys enjoy. Also we are getting him some of the turn dials so we can start working on making plastic versions of those (although they may be a bit more complicated to do) 

#2 Reikkoil

Reikkoil

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Already placed an order.  Thanks!

#3 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Just purchased mine I got the standard set plus and extra range ruler.  cost me 29.00 dollars with shipping.  not bad I can't wait to get them in.  If I get them before saturday I will give one of the rulers away as a prize for the x-wing tournament at buffacon this weekend.

#4 Melkor503

Melkor503

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

NICE!

I have been waiting for him to get these up for order.  TIme to place my order.

#5 PajamaHero

PajamaHero

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

Thanks a lot for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on these for ordering in the future once the other markers are done being designed. Since I just ordered my game the pack ins have seen no use and I'd like to make one big order.

None the less, great initiative and I'm looking forward to purchasing.

#6 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Yeah like I said we are working on getting him some of the turn dials for the different flyers as well and that may take a little time to work out the kinks with it, but hopefully he can have a nice prodct for those in the near future too. I know he has been loving the feedback from the community and if anyone has a good design idea for how to make the turn dials I am sure Adam would love to hear them.

#7 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Looks nice. Any chance of getting pictures of the templates in the different colors? I appreciate the many choices, but it makes it hard for me to decide without actually seeing the differences.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#8 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

I don't think he can show all the different colors without having to just spam a bunch of pictures, he does have a reference to see what the different acrylic color option are on his site.

#9 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Denied said:

I don't think he can show all the different colors without having to just spam a bunch of pictures, he does have a reference to see what the different acrylic color option are on his site.

Oh, that will be great. I'll poke around and see if I can find them.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#10 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

I just got a huge thank you from Adam, apparently several FLGS are looking to start carrying a small stock of these templates for sale. I am just glad this is helping the community overall.

#11 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Denied said:

I just got a huge thank you from Adam, apparently several FLGS are looking to start carrying a small stock of these templates for sale. I am just glad this is helping the community overall.

i ordered 4 sets today (1 for me, 3 for Christmas gifts) and am planning on showing them to the FLGS owner when they arrive. He will likely want to carry some in the store once be sees them.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#12 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Emrico said:

Denied said:

i ordered 4 sets today (1 for me, 3 for Christmas gifts) and am planning on showing them to the FLGS owner when they arrive. He will likely want to carry some in the store once be sees them.

Jim

Glad to hear it! Sadly after discussing it with Adam I think he is goign to avoid making the turn dials because he doesn't want to violate IP laws and those are unique enough to. I am going to convince him to start making terrain pieces though in the near future though!

#13 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Really cool stuff!

Totally understand re: the IP, but let me ask you this- has he ever considered making some replacement bases? It'd be sweet to be able to slot/ hold/ otherwise attach target lock tokens and other tokens so that you don't have all that stuff just floating around in a pile when things get close-up. Maybe something that fits on top of the existing base or the sides to try and stay out of the way of movement templates? 

#14 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

If you have a specific idea of what your looking for I am sure he is willing to hear it out, just email him and he can work with you. We have several people who can get him bases to see what he can do with them. The thing to remember is this is a laser etcher /cutter and works primarily in a 2D system although the etching does cut down a little I would be worried because the actual bases are cast plastics for a the 3D dip they require to slot in the different pilot cards. I am sure if you have a good idea to make it work though Adam is down to try it out.

#15 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

I don't have an idea for a design or anything, just noticed the need last Sunday during our league matches, including my own. Most rounds there were at least half a dozen target locks floating around on the table, and we kept having to move and shift them from one side of a particular fighter's base to another as ships moved around and whatnot. The guy I was playing and I both commented on how nice it'd be to have those tokens move along with the base. 

I'll give it some thought. I have AutoCAD here at work, and I'm fairly decent at mapping out ideas when I come up with something. 

#16 Tellos

Tellos

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Ah, just tried to order but can't I put a u.k address,I'm gonna have to message him.

really like the idea of new ship bases.

shame about the movement dials as I am experiencing problems with excess wear of some of mine.

great to see these templates though,mirrored grey looks amazing.

#17 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Tellos said:

Ah, just tried to order but can't I put a u.k address,I'm gonna have to message him.

really like the idea of new ship bases.

shame about the movement dials as I am experiencing problems with excess wear of some of mine.

great to see these templates though,mirrored grey looks amazing.

Yeah I really wish the dials didn't rub off. So far though I have only noticed the rubbing on the outside the dial still functions and the numbers are still there, not sure if anyone else has had the numbers come off yet. I hope you got the shipping stuff figured out! and good luck in any Kessel run Schennanigens

#18 Fredrik

Fredrik

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Is it only me that have problems with the website?

#19 Tellos

Tellos

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

Just looked again at the website and it ran fine for me.

#20 Fredrik

Fredrik

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/products-page/gaming/x-wing-move-range-templates/

Page not found for me :/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS