"discard this card" question.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor X

Doctor X

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

So, the Proton Torpedoes card says it gets discarded after use.  The core set only comes with one card.  Does ths mean only one ship can have proton torpedoes and I have to go buy multiple expansions, or is there a way to tag the card so multiple ships can use it?

#2 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Doctor X said:

So, the Proton Torpedoes card says it gets discarded after use.  The core set only comes with one card.  Does ths mean only one ship can have proton torpedoes and I have to go buy multiple expansions, or is there a way to tag the card so multiple ships can use it?

The Core Set has one X-Wing so it only needs one Torpedo card as it is only allowed one torpedo upgrade. The X-Wing expansion pack comes with one as well. The Y-Wing can carry two so it comes with two.

The only way you wouldn't have enough is if you are proxying ships.

House rules you can do as you wish. Official tournaments, you have to have the actual cards available.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 5 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s<p>Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas

#3 jimtullis

jimtullis

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

There are plenty of Torpedos. But I think there are some pilot upgrades that players may want to use that only show up in certain ship's boosters.

#4 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

jimtullis said:

There are plenty of Torpedos. But I think there are some pilot upgrades that players may want to use that only show up in certain ship's boosters.

Same rule applies. Friendly games you can proxy as you and your opponent agree. Official tourney rules state explicitly that you must have the actual upgrade cards to use them. No proxies, no sharing a card between ships.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 5 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s<p>Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS