By X-mas?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Is there any real news about when this will be available? It's been up for pre order for over a year on some sites. If anyone has any news on this soon let me know. 

#2 musket_max

musket_max

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

I'm fairly sure I've seen someplace that the US release was on the 10th of December, in the UK I've seen on gameslore they're expecting it by 12th of december, so as of now I'd say it's pretty likely.

#3 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

If the upcoming page is accurate it is still 'On the Boat' and has been for 3ish weeks.  

That could mean we could see it within 1 to 4 weeks generally.

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#4 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

The Netherlands get's the boot once again as it seems to be here late januari.

Damn I have some personal days to spend in week 1 of januari now that seems it won't be filled with games and laughter.

#5 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Holly smokes! it seems (rumours rumours) there is going to be an exclusive dutch translation for star wars the card game and it explains why the dutchies get it later.  sonreir

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Darksbane said:

If the upcoming page is accurate it is still 'On the Boat' and has been for 3ish weeks.  

That could mean we could see it within 1 to 4 weeks generally.

This is what worries me, as if they want to actually sell the game for Christmas it will need to be on the short end of that range.  Sure 3 weeks from now is technically "by Christmas," but they won't get any Christmas sales if it doesn't hit stores until Christmas Eve… Two weeks from now will get it to people who preordered before Christmas, but not really give them time to drum up any more sales.  One week from now is probably about as late as they'd want to release it to get any sort of Christmas boost.  *crosses fingers*

#7 ZiM946

ZiM946

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I hope we get it by Christmas!  I am dying to get the cards in my hands… but there is a Los Angeles/Long Beach Port Strike going on right now and it may delay things.  I have been following this strike due to my job being in transportation/global shipping but also and more importantly- to get these cards before Christmas!  I hope things get wrapped up soon.  It is all over the internet right now.  I'm not sure if FFG ships to the port in LA, but if they do, ships are just sitting there untouched because of the labor strike which prevents containers from being unloaded.

#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I suspect the port strike will get resolved rather quickly. They certainly picked a good time of the year to strike as with it being almost Christmas they will probably get whatever they want.

#9 houjix1138

houjix1138

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

They're expecting that begginer game for the SW RPG to be in stores in two weeks, so I'm hoping that will bode well for the LCG.

#10 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

If anyone cannot wait any longer, I have a sealed copy in hand and ready to ship to the right buyer. I got it at the 2012 FFG Worlds event. 

PM me with an offer. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#11 LMKComaBlack

LMKComaBlack

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

divinityofnumber said:

If anyone cannot wait any longer, I have a sealed copy in hand and ready to ship to the right buyer. I got it at the 2012 FFG Worlds event. 

PM me with an offer. 

Still trying to hawk that game, huh?  I'll give you 30 bucks.

#12 cpjolicoeur

cpjolicoeur

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

lol, I offered him only a slight bit more :)

glad to see it still hasnt sold for his asking price

#13 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

cpjolicoeur said:

I assume he is asking something insane. Which considering the game is almost out is not likely to happen. I would not pay more than retail value as really I can just wait and then support my FLGS instead. And not have to wait for it to ship to me.

#14 HippieChick

HippieChick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Where does one go to preorder this game? I've looked around and all I see is the Old Republic for sale. I'm too excited and just can't wait!!!

#15 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

HippieChick said:

Where does one go to preorder this game? I've looked around and all I see is the Old Republic for sale. I'm too excited and just can't wait!!!

http://www.miniature...m/ffgswc01.html

#16 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Yes a special dutch version but allas not by X-mas. I hope the english version does make it in before X-mas since that is what I need.

anyone intereessted in a verry rare dutch version? (more rare then the worlds version offered here as well sonreir )

#17 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Toqtamish said:

cpjolicoeur said:

I assume he is asking something insane. Which considering the game is almost out is not likely to happen. I would not pay more than retail value as really I can just wait and then support my FLGS instead. And not have to wait for it to ship to me.

If I can only sell mine for a little above retail, I will just keep them. The game is awesome! But, if someone wants one really bad, and offers me enough, I would certainly ship one out overnight delivery. I don't see how that is insane? 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#18 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

divinityofnumber said:

Toqtamish said:

cpjolicoeur said:

If I can only sell mine for a little above retail, I will just keep them. The game is awesome! But, if someone wants one really bad, and offers me enough, I would certainly ship one out overnight delivery. I don't see how that is insane? 

I never said your reason for doing so was insane. I said that I assumed the price you were asking was insane. The game is about two weeks away at this point so getting a lot more than retail is not as likely as a month ago. However put yours on ebay and no doubt someone will throw some money your way.

#19 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Toqtamish said:

HippieChick said:

http://www.miniature...m/ffgswc01.html

You can also preorder from teamcovenant.com which also has a nifty "subscription" feature for the Force Packs (pay for 12 months at a time - at a discount- and get the next year of Force packs delivered as soon as they can ship them).  Partially self-serving plug: they also have several interesting blogs on the site about the game, to help whet your appetite while you wait.

#20 zachbunn

zachbunn

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

More specifically, you can order the core from Team Covenant here. There are links to tons of awesome blogs in the comments of this blog. If you're interested in the force pack subscription, you can get all the info on the Subscription page

Do or do not, there is no try.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS