Photo

For a family game - Rebel vs Empire - 100 pts each, what build do you recommend?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi All,

I currently own only 2 core sets, and wondering how many of the expansions to buy. I obviously will buy 1 of each, which will give me the following basic builds:

• 3 X-Wings + 1 Y-Wing
  • 5 Tie-Figther + 1 Tie-Advanced

My question is: How many and which of other expansions / core set do you recommand me buying so that I can field a Rebel AND an Empire build of 100 pts that is fun to play, balanced, for games 1x1, 2x2 or 3x3 (i.e. number of players on each side) in a family?

Thanks

Ceodryn

#2 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I think you need at least another TIE, maybe even 2.

It might  be most cost effective to just buy another starter set.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#3 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ditto Hrathen. If you are going for the minimum and want to stay in the 100 point official limit, then one or 2 more TIES is fine. Play around with Jason Fuller's online squad builder and see what you might want to field. But you can't go wrong with 6-7 TIEs as a starting base for 100 pt. squads. The rest is just a matter of opinion as to what you might think would be fun to try. For examply you might try a 3 or 4 TIE advanced build, but I doubt you will need that in the long run if you will be getting wave 2, and especially if you are staying in the 100 point range.

I have 4 X, 3 Y, 8 TIE, and 3 TIE adv. but I realize this is a ridiculous amount to put on the table at once since I am just playing friendly family games myself with my kids, or occassionally my brother or brother in law. But it has been done once before. :)

Be seeing you.

#4 jpwhitfo

jpwhitfo

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

I am pretty much a noob, but with the deal on Amazon right now I went with what I think is a pretty even buy.  

Here is what I will have when my amazon order gets here:

3 X-Wing (1 from Base set)

2 Y-Wing

6 TIE (2 from base set)

1 TIE advanced

I think this will be enough to get a good game going, even with 3-4 players.  The point buy has a lot to do with the pilots and upgrades, but there are people on here who can tell you FAR more than I can about that!  I was going to buy another base set to get the three ships, but the deal on Amazon is cheaper individually and you get the upgrade cards!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS