UH OH! I believe we've short circuited!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ZiM946

ZiM946

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

I don't want to ruin anyone's Christmas, but Jek- I believe we have a problem here.

The ports in LA are experiencing a strike- does anyone live out there and can inform of the inbound containers that are all backed up and not being received?  Hopefully this doesn't delay it further- but there are plenty that aren't being unloaded right now and still sitting on ships not even being moved!!!  FFG, somebody, use the force!

#2 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

that is sad news. I'm guessing that if it is still "On the Boat" as of next tuesday, it will miss Christmas. I have no scientific proof, I'm just guessing. At this point, it probably wouldn't make it into wide distribution in time for all but the last minute christmas shoppers.

I'm hoping I can get my copies in time to give one to my brother for Christmas. 

#3 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

That is indeed sad. Anyone know what the strike is about? That means I'll have to wait even longer for my copies to arrive in the UK, they had an ETA of December 31st anyway! 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#4 ZiM946

ZiM946

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

There has been an agreement to have a temporary lift on the labor strike on the port of Long Beach and Los Angeles.  The workers are returning to work after an 8 day strike which delayed everything.  Steamships were anchored in the water and were not being unloaded.  Now, I believe we may have a shortage of truck drivers to grab the containers to put them on the railways.  This is just from my experience in working with trucking, but FFG may have to pay premium prices to locate truckers as everyone will be paying more for the shortage of truckers in the area due to an abundance of containers that all have strict due dates.  I am not sure how much of a delay this put on us, I was hoping FFG would have chimed in and said the containers were still moving towards the ports.  But, with all the pictures I was viewing on the web, it leads me to think their steamship line was sitting there, idle in the water for the past few days, untouched.

Let's hope for a Christmas miracle!  Dying to play!

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Some of the articles I read about the strike said that a lot of the ships were just diverting to other ports… it's quite possible that this won't be too big of an issue for us.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS