Amazon selling expansions for $7.99

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 PajamaHero

PajamaHero

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

I JUST ordered my core set last week and while browsing Amazon I noticed that they dropped the price of the expansions from around $12 to $7.99. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not but seeing as they're sold out here and that's about 50% off retail I thought it was worth mentioning. Hope this helps some folks be able to flesh out their squads.

#2 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

It did help…and I have stocked up!

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#3 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I picked up two of each expansion, but I have to admit I'm sorely tempted to pick up some more…

#4 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

I know what you mean man…I am tempted to buy more too at that price….but I don't have anyone to play with around me so buying a bunch of expansions is a waste. They just sit there.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#5 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Definitely a great deal (20% off miniature market and cool stuff inc, and they were already 33% off).  I'm going to buy at least my third TIE Advanced and maybe more, so thanks for the heads up. 

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  3 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  3 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#6 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

I am working on getting more people into the game in my area so I want to have enough models to field a wide variety of lists. Once my latest shipment comes in I'll have:

• 4x X-Wing
  • 3x Y-Wing
  • 5x TIE Fighter
  • 3x TIE Advanced

I've been thinking that a great way to get people into the game outside of Demo Games and League Play would be to have a big event, like a Death Star event that I've seen a lot of people have done. For that I think I would want 750 Points per side which comes out to about 12 of each type of ship, but closer to 20 TIE Fighters. Soooo I'm a long ways off!

#7 Wolverine14

Wolverine14

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Order placed.

#8 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

I just placed a second order. The goal was to get to a number of models where I can field 100 points maxing out on a single ship if I felt like it. This means the following:

• 4x X-Wing
  • 5x Y-Wing
  • 4x TIE Advanced
  • 8x TIE Fighter

If you have absolutely nothing at the moment, then for $168 + Tax and Shipping (if you can't wait 5-8 days) then you can basically have all of the first wave models you'd ever need to play 100 points. In fact you can get up to 300 points worth of Rebel Ships and 250 points worth of Imperial Ships with those models, so you could even get some friends together for a big space battle!

#9 jpwhitfo

jpwhitfo

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

So glad I found this post!  I just ordered 4 TIE's, 2 X-Wings and 1 Y Wing.  

That gives me:

6-TIE

3-X-Wing

2- Y-Wing

1 TIE Advanced

That should hold me over for a bit!  

#10 Battle Damage

Battle Damage

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a couple of Y-wings, which have proved hard to get through my usual local sources. I tried to order a couple of TIEs, and oddly enough the Amazon cart told me they couldn't be shipped to Australia. No probs with the Y-wings or dice that I ordered though. Bizarre.

#11 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 970 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for alerting the community! I picked up one of each expansion to bolster my saquad. Now I can finally make a 100 point Imperial squad!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#12 PajamaHero

PajamaHero

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Battle Damage said:

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a couple of Y-wings, which have proved hard to get through my usual local sources. I tried to order a couple of TIEs, and oddly enough the Amazon cart told me they couldn't be shipped to Australia. No probs with the Y-wings or dice that I ordered though. Bizarre.

Speaking of dice why do you need extras? I ordered some with my starter set and other stuff because I figured they were supposed to make the game easier to read than regular dice but there was already a set in the starter? Are they in case you lose them or is there some other reason to order them?

#13 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Looks like they are back up to $11+ on Amazon.  Was glad to get such a good deal on the last few pieces I wanted.  Great forum!

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  3 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  3 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#14 Battle Damage

Battle Damage

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

@Pajama Hero: I wanted the extra dice to cover those situations where you need four attack or defence dice, and also to have a set for each side of the table. Makes the game flow a bit better, rather than having to hand the dice over between each activation.

#15 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

I'm getting a second set for convence. Its not really all that hard to to do 3+ dice attacks with only 3 dice, but I just like being able to roll all my attack dice at once. Plus in the case I store all my stuff in there's a small spot right in front that has 2 small sections that are each the perfect size for 6 dice.

#16 drunkensith

drunkensith

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

whats wrong with you people! support your local stores! peace

#17 Mako13

Mako13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Some people don't have surplus money to spend.

Perhaps if the local stores would help support their customers too…….

#18 drunkensith

drunkensith

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

ive delt with a few stores in my time. ive always gotten a discount, mabey not right away but once they got to know me. if thats not what your talking about im not shure what else you mean. also i did have one store that would NOT give me any kinda break, even though i was buying comics and magic(at the time). i quickly found another store.

#19 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Mako13 said:

Some people don't have surplus money to spend.

Perhaps if the local stores would help support their customers too…….

When is the last time anyone played a game of x-wing at Amazon?

Enimo Et Fide

#20 Joshkj

Joshkj

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

DoubleNot7 said:

When is the last time anyone played a game of x-wing at Amazon?

Haha exactly, sadly the price changed when these were up when i had them in the cart. That being said, i left out 2 ships i need since i know ill be going to a store to play at least twice. I pretty much standard spend 20 bucks at a store if i go there just to play, 15 for a new ship and the change for a soda or 2. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS