4 player decks idea?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 horico

horico

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'be begun to play this game more frequently lately and have a few friends to play with. I was wondering what would probably be useful to do with one Core Set, Khazad-dum and Heirs of Númenor. With one Redhorn gate expansion.
Itseems to me that single spheres are the best way to go but I feel as if i need a second core set to make this possible. Would it be possible to attack harder quests like flight from moria. Even slightly easier quests like Into the Pit pose a problem.
Would i need to get another core set of would what I have suffice? And for either idea, how could i make four usable decks?
I hope someone has figured this out before. Thank you for your time.

#2 Eric W

Eric W

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

You obviously won't get 4 min/maxed decks, but you shouldn't have problems filling out the decks.  You don't have to stick to 1 sphere each deck, but it makes your job easier.  If you're looking into spending more money, I'd get the Hobbit expansion before and 2nd core, because it gives you more dwarfs and more heroes (as well as quests).  Then I'd grab Return to Mirkwood, because almost every card in the pack is good and it gives you Dain, who will exponentially make your dwarf decks better.

Good Luck

#3 horico

horico

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Wow, thank you i really appreciate it. I'll definately look into the second core and the Mirkwood expansions, i havent been able to find any of them though :/. Eitherway you helped alot, thank you!
Also, with the cards i have (since this post ive gotten the Hobbit overand under) I have worked into two two-sphere decks. Between Leadership and wisdom and tactics and lore. how would you say these combinations would work together and alone?

#4 Eric W

Eric W

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Any combinations work fine together, but I think Tactics/Leadership work good together and focus that deck on combat and buffing.  Then you have Spirit/Lore and they can focus on questing, with threat management and healing.

#5 Chaos101

Chaos101

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

I occassionally play 4 player with some friends and my partner. My friend and I do have 2 core sets each and all of the expansions including the small cycle sets.

The heros we use are similar to what has been discussed previously. We tend to have Lore and Spirit together and then a mix of Tactics, Leadership and Lore.

We use Aragorn (Lore), Elrond (Lore) and Glorfindel (Spirit) as one group of heros. The starting threat is quite high and can climb if you don't find the Light of Valinor for Glorfindel, but Aragorns ability to reset your threat is useful to counter this. Aragorns sentinel ability is helpful while Elronds ability to aid healing and play for non-Lore allies can be invaluable.

Then we have a dwarf deck of Dain, Thorin and Bifur (2x Leadership and 1x Lore). The deck is built around maximising Dains willpower boost ability for Dwarves and getting as many Dwarves in play as possible. Thorin quests really well and can attack well as well.

We also have Dunhere (Spirit), Eowyn (Spirit) and Denethor. Denethor is useful to sneak peek at the encounter deck and return anything nasty to the bottom while defending with Burning Brand on him is very handy. Eowyn is the questing Queen and Dunhere can take most things out in the staging area we don't want to engage (Hummerhorns for example), providing our threat is low enough.

And finally we have Elrohir, Elladan and Beregond (2x Tactics 1x Leadership). Beregond defends with 4 and has sentinel (although he has no willpower so Caradharas turns him into mincemeat). This can be useful especially as you pay 2 resources less for armour and weapon attachments. So Citadel Plate only costs 2 for him. Elladan and Elrohir work together in the fact they boost each others stats and can pay a resource after attacking / defending (depending on the hero) to attack / defend against another ellegible enemy. Which when you are over-run cannot be under estimated.

We tend to find we can do pretty well at most quests. It might be worth looking at a deck builder website like Card Game DB http://www.cardgamed...ngs-deckbuilder as it will help you to determine which sets of cards you want to buy first. It will also help you to work out card combinations.

Lee

It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS