Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Jedi Affiliation

Fleeing the Empire x2

Journey to Dagobah x2

Rumors at the Cantina x2

Mission Briefing x2

Hit and Run x1

Rebal Fleet x1

This build is based on Princess Leia getting captured as often as possible. With only two copies possible in the Deck I wanted to keep it as small as I can so 10 objectives (two fleeing the empires, of corse). I don't mind having to rescue her because destroying objectives is also how the LS wins. I looked through the sets and it appears to me that Red 5 is the best suited weapon for such a task, it just so happens that Double Strike is in the same set. I need to play Jedi Affliation to make that happen, but that is not so bad so I threw it in. Another way to Rescue the Princes is Rescue Mission, found in the Rumors at the Cantina Set. That set might also help as I am already running two affiliations and I have only added three objectives to the deck. I still want to do more to ensure I get Leia as often as possible, so Im going to add Mission Briefing. It looks like it will add a good amout of card drawing. Then I notice the Heavy Blaster Emplacement. This card strikes me as a powerful card. With the life points being so low, and very little healing, I hoping this card and the Heat of Battle cards can keep the Imperial forces low. I throw in Hit and Run to and another Heat of Battle and Target of Opportunity, plus the Secret Informant doubles the effect of those card. Im left with one spot to fill. I wan't sure what to put in here, but I ended up deciding it would be Rebal, to give me seven Rebal Objectives which means I will always draw at least one at the begining of the game. I settled on The Rebal Fleet, because it has Home One, Repair Droid, Target of Opportunity, and Y-Wing all of which fit nicely into my deck. I might even switch one of the Rumors at teh Cantina to a second Rebal Fleet, as Im going to have Resources from both of my affliations to start the game, but I don't know if I want to give up Rescue Mission or not.

I haven't got to play this game yet. What do you think?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

If what you want to do is abuse looping Leia a bunch of times to take advantage of her text, you are going to need to keep both copies of Rumors at the Cantina in (IMHO).  It's a tough call because most of the objective set isn't that great for you, but Rescue Mission is absolutely key.  Without it, you'll probably only "rescue" Leia once in a game… maybe twice if everything goes perfectly.  With it, you can much more reliably rescue her… including during your opponents turn just after they declared attackers to bring her out as a defender.  Honestly, I'm not sure how useful that will end up being, but it's certainly worth trying out and makes for a fun theme.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS