• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

I had to look to see what he has been up to recently in regards to other games.  I noticed that he works pretty extensively on the Colonial Gothic game.

Anybody here ever tried it?  http://www.penandpap...Gothic_Logo.gif

jh

#2 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

I have the book. I've read it, but never had a chance to play it. The book is not very well written and has a number of inconsitencies that make you ask "Huh?" 

Some good ideas, and a neat setting, but overall not my favorite game I've ever read. Of course, as I said, I haven't played a game of it yet, only read the book a couple of times.

#3 Johannes_Tippmeister

Johannes_Tippmeister

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

I've purchased every single book in that series just to be so short of time that I haven't been able to read them properly. That said, having flipped through them, I much enjoyed the setting and the alternate history in there.

#4 WFRPGraeme

WFRPGraeme

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

cparadis said:

I have the book. I've read it, but never had a chance to play it. The book is not very well written and has a number of inconsitencies that make you ask "Huh?" 

You're right, but steps have been taken. The new 2nd edition rulebook has been extensively edited, cleaned up, and reordered. Richard and I hope that we've taken care of all the problems. It's also backwards compatible with everything that's currently in print for the game.

#5 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

Graeme, that's great news! I will definitely be picking up the second edition.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS