• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Whymme

Whymme

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

… well, in the Netherlands, at least.

Some of you probably heard of TimCon, the successful WFRP convention based in London, of which there have been eleven editions. Sadly, this year's TimCon has been the last, as the organiser doesn't have time to do another one.

So we are continuing the tradition, but in the Netherlands. In the weekend of May 25 and 26, there will be a WFRP convention in 's-Hertogenbosch. Two days of Warhammer fun. The focus is on adventures; players will play two four-hour scenario's each day.

At the moment I am looking for GMs who want to design and run adventures during the con. The number of GMs determines the number of players. So if you live in or near the Netherlands and you'd like to participate and make the con a success, contact me please - preferably before December 16.
I'd love to let you PM me, but for some reason the forums don't let me access my PM-box. Instead, please send a mail to Wim (at) WimCon (dot) net.

I hope to hear from you.

#2 Veteres

Veteres

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Who could have imagened this: a WFRP convention within a two hours drive (living in Brugge, Flanders)!

Whymme -your news made my day! Hope to attend the full two days.

Is there a convention website -or do I have to follow this thread/or old Timcon site?

#3 Whymme

Whymme

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

We're working on a site. As soon as that is in the air (somewhere next week), I'll make a post here.

In the meanwhile, the best place to follow the news will be the forums on Strike to Stun.

If you want to make sure that you attend, the best way is to sign up as a GM. GMs are assured of attendance, other people who want to participate aren't. The reason is that GMs are the bottleneck. The total number of participants is set by the number of GMs we can find. That works as follows:

Suppose that four people are willing to design and run a scenario. That is nice, because there are four sessions during the con. So one table can be filled each session. A table hosts six people. Since four of the people present are GMs, that leaves room for another two non-GMs.

If we get more GMs, we can fill more tables. And can allow more non-GMs to attend.

We have enough tables, and can probably find enough players. GMs are the bottleneck. So there is always room for people willing to run a scenario, but there's only a limited place for people who just want to play. How many places there are for non-GMs depends on the number of GMs we can find.

Oh, since someone on another forum asked:

The con will be run in two languages, English and Dutch. I will make sure that an English-only speaker won't be put in a Dutch language game, or the other way around. So people who are uncomfortable in one language don't have to worry about not being able to play, or as a GM find players that they cannot communicate with.

#4 monkeylite

monkeylite

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Whymme said:

Oh, since someone on another forum asked:

The con will be run in two languages, English and Dutch. I will make sure that an English-only speaker won't be put in a Dutch language game, or the other way around. So people who are uncomfortable in one language don't have to worry about not being able to play, or as a GM find players that they cannot communicate with.

This gives me an idea for a mixed Wastelander-Empire party where half of the PCs can only speak Wastelander, and the other half can only speak Reikspiel. Of course, you'd need to be bilingual to run it, though.

#5 Whymme

Whymme

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

It took some time, but the site is up. Have a look at http://www.wimcon.net/?convention

#6 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Looks nice, will the scenarios be run in Dutch or in English?

As a side note, I hope the local has at least one room for each version of the game. Oterwise it can end up in a pitched battle where v2 fans throw huge tomes against the v3 fans, who will counterattack throwing thousands of little cardboard pieces, while the v1 fans read ancient scrolls of long forgotten kwnoledge trying to summon a Balruk.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#7 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Yepesnopes said:

As a side note, I hope the local has at least one room for each version of the game. Oterwise it can end up in a pitched battle where v2 fans throw huge tomes against the v3 fans, who will counterattack throwing thousands of little cardboard pieces, while the v1 fans read ancient scrolls of long forgotten kwnoledge trying to summon a Balruk.

This wasn't a problem at Timcon, so I don't see why it would be here either. v1 and v2 games ran parallel for years, and although the v3 games were fewer in number, they were well-attended in my experience. In real life, people tend to be more flexibile with their preferences than they are in internet-land.

#8 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Definitively it was a joke. An easy one seeing later posts in StS and FFG forums.

But you didn't clarify if at Timcon were separate rooms or not burla

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS