Photo

How much 3d are you guys putting on your tables?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

This picture sums up how I'd like to have my next game.  Right now, the best I can do is purple canadian moss and spilled cheetoes

for all the mutations of the environment occuring in THE DYING OF THE LIGHT!

#2 Count Zero

Count Zero

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Very nice. Who manufactures that? I imagine it's unpainted resin?

#3 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

I like it, the ground changed to white for snow it would do for my Steward of Grauwerk manor adventure (the stock internet photo I used for what woods in winter look like is pretty much a match for the trees in background.

To answer question, no actual 3D stuff on my table.  Go much more "narrative", minimal location maps even.

#4 Wooster Shooster

Wooster Shooster

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Wowza! I can definately sympathize with you, being a junky for beatiful terrain and miniatures myself, but alas it just isn't practical for roleplaying. There are some great skirmish battle games out there which act as an outlet for the visual needs of gamers. Just think of the dissapointment when your players want to leave that gorgeous manor and go somewhere else, and you have to just pick it up off the table and put it on the shelf to gatehr dust.

No, the beauty of 3e is it doesn't kid itself as a strategic miniatures combat game *cough dnd, dark heresy* and goes 100% narrative.

So to answer the question, no 3-d in WFRP, in fact no 2-d either!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS