TIE Interceptor pilot discussion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 joewrightgm

joewrightgm

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

So I was poking about the boards here, and I noticed that no one has really discussed the possible pilots/pilot ratings for the forth coming interceptor expansion.

The online catalogue already shows the base tile for Soontir Fel who's skill 9; It'd be interesting if he has a mirror ability for Wedge (IE enemies roll 1 less defense die) which, combined with his pilot skill would make him almost stupidly lethal to lower evade rebel ships.

Any thoughts on more generic pilots or other known aces for the new interceptor?

#2 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

joewrightgm said:

So I was poking about the boards here, and I noticed that no one has really discussed the possible pilots/pilot ratings for the forth coming interceptor expansion.

The online catalogue already shows the base tile for Soontir Fel who's skill 9; It'd be interesting if he has a mirror ability for Wedge (IE enemies roll 1 less defense die) which, combined with his pilot skill would make him almost stupidly lethal to lower evade rebel ships.

Any thoughts on more generic pilots or other known aces for the new interceptor?

I won't speculate on the ability, because no matter what, that would be swinging wild.  What I will speculate on is the type of ability.  Soontir was both the Empire's superior pilot, and the ideal leader.  So the debate in my mind is whether his ability should be one that improves his maneuvering, his marksmanship, defense or a synergistic ability.  Maneuvering abilities haven't really been introduced yet, and I doubt anyone would make Fel a defensive pilot(IE Dark Curse) so will his ability be something to help his nearby comrades or something to assure he can gun down Rebels?  My opinion is that the Empire just doesn't have that 'aggressive marksman' in it's roster, whereas the Rebels have Wedge and Horton.  So I would hope Fel is geared towards making his guns work better.

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#3 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

joewrightgm said:

The problem with a purely offensive skill like you described is the pilot will become a major target. I'd rather have some sort of ability that is good on offense and defense.

#4 joewrightgm

joewrightgm

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Its funny, I really was just swinging wildly to try and start some discussion.

I actually agree with shadowjack; that and it seems like the higher skill imperial pilots almost always seem to have some sort of buff ability (excepting Dark Curse, Mauler, Stele).

#5 corsair117

corsair117

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Well for generic pilots it looks like we'll get the 181st and Avenger squadrons.

The 5 pilot skill appears to have bloodstripes on the pic and 181st is the only squadron I know of that has those, while the 3 pilot skill card looks like it says "Avenger". Can't make out any of the other ones though.

#6 Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Regardless of his ability, he's getting swarm tactics. Ooohhhhh yeah!

#7 Nazull

Nazull

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Iv seen the full spoiler for the Falcon but id like to see one for the A Wing and TIE Int

anyone got a link that shows all the cards ?

#8 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yes that link would be appreciated.  Anyone want to help us out?

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#9 Traden Myr

Traden Myr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

There is no spoiler for the interceptor (or A-wing or Slave 1 for that matter), yet. The falcon was spoiled since the finalists at Worlds got them. Wait 2 weeks for the Kessel Run, then we will have full spoilers for Wave 2.

#10 Melkor503

Melkor503

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Wait 2 weeks? Who would want to wait 2 weeks? I want spoilers, and I want spoilers now! Yeah, in 2 weeks we should have all the info.

#11 Garven Dreis

Garven Dreis

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I believe I can make out the work "Saber" on the 4 PS card, which would make it Saber Squadron, part of the 181st IFG and Soontir Fel's squadron. It's likely out elite generic TIE/In Pilot.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS