Golem Paints Y-wings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Collinsas

Collinsas

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

I had commissioned Golem Paint Studio to paint up a flight of 3 Y-wings and wanted to get peoples thoughts on them here.

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Very nice! I like how each has a different colored astromech as well.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

yeah,
These are pretty nice.

The standard paint job you get with FFG X-wing minis is so good though that at a glance these look only marginally better!
It's only when you look at the details and weathering to see these are twice as good.

Panic…

#4 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Sorry to hear you had to pay someone for those paint jobs. The stock ones look just as good. Either way enjoy the game.

#5 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Wow! These look really sharp. The weathering really pops out at you and the droid coloring is fantastic. I wonder if some plastic rods could be slipped into the engines to make them look even more alive!

I've been thinking of painting my X-Wings with some unique squad markings (and marking up the cards to go with them). The game has so much flavor potential, especially if you do any league play with friends.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS