What should I buy next?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 philosophant

philosophant

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

I am getting the core set off of another site for a reasonable black friday price, but what should I get next?

I will get the gm vault for sure I think, but what is the dfference between the player toolkit and player vault? 

And I was thinking about one other book, any suggestions?

#2 cronevald

cronevald

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

The GM Vault will just repeat things in the Core.  The GM Toolkit was a nice idea but may be a bit lacking.  I'd suggest the Adventurer's Toolkit (more careers and actions for your players), Winds of Magic (Wizards), and Signs of Faith (Priests).  If you spread that out over time you will still get a lot of mileage from just the core.  Winds of Magic is also good because it has a dandly little adventure that my group had a lot of fun with.  The same can't be said for the adventure in Signs of Faith.

#3 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I second the advice above.  The small box adventurer set adds some fun careers like the iconic rat-catcher.  Then the four ruinous power boxes add more on magic, faith, combat and social stuff, with monsters, menaces and an adventure in each.  The winds of magic and signs of faith sets have the most value.

the guides and vaults are useful but if less value so if on budget leave off.  

Visit glitzman's gallery for useful downloadable like count dimons summary sheets, though I have spotted at least one mistake there in skill section, to liber fanatica for more fan goodness and strike to stun for earlier edition stuff that is useful for background, mad Alfred and winds of chaos sites complete your tour.  By now you have detailed maps and calendars and all sorts of goodies.

Ps , we had fun with the signs of faith adventure but I played a bit with it to make it more gothic etc.

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

..and don't forget LIBER FANATICA… http://www.liberfanatica.net/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS