Anarch Deck(2 core)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I love risky feel of the Anarch cards. Playing the deck puts you on your toes always trying to manage all your resources(clicks, credits, cards, virus tokens). Wyldside really let's you fly through your deck and get the things you need. The breakers do well and can handle most ICE with help from the viruses and ICE Carver. Most of the cards are cheap and the extra economy cards like Modded and Easy Mark provide a nice boost when you need it.

Noise (45) 13 Inf

Events (16)
Stimhack (2)
Deja Vu (2)
Sure Gamble (3)
Infiltration (3)
Modded (3) 6 Inf
Easy Mark (3) 3 Inf

Programs (17)
Mimic (3)
Corroder (3)
Yog.0 (3)
Datasucker (3)
Parasite (3)
Medium(2)

Hardware (2)
Grimoire (2)

Resources (10)
Ice Carver (2)
Wyldside (3)
Armitage Codebusting (3) 
Aesop's Pawnshop (2) 4 Inf

#2 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Since WLA released I have made some changes and started testing the deck on OCTGN. So far, I'm pretty happy with the results. Here is the updated list.

Noise (45) 13 Inf

Events (14)
Deja Vu (2)
Sure Gamble (3)
Infiltration (3)
Modded (3) 6 Inf
Easy Mark (3) 3 Inf

I ended up dropping Stimhack altogether, it's really only a late game card and most of the time I ended up with one or two sitting in my hand most of the game. They make good damage fodder but I'd rather have something useful for most of the game. Other than that, the events stayed the same. Sure Gamble, Easy Mark, and Modded help your low level economy. Anarch runs light and it works. Modded becomes even better now by making Morning Star a bit easy to get out at 5 credits instead of 8.

Programs (18)
Mimic (2)
Morning Star (2)
Yog.0 (2)
Djinn(2)
Datasucker (3)
Imp(3)
Parasite (2)
Medium(2)

The programs changed the most. Imp is freaking amazing for Anarch. Being able to trash anything from R&D or HQ can really ruin a corps plans. It truely is something wicked. Once he has done his thing, he becomes great feed for the Aesop's credit engine. Djinn helps put out more viruses now that Morning Star is hogging 2 MU. Being able to pull viruses out of the deck is helpful too. I dropped the breakers down to 2 each because at 3 they would sometimes pile up in hand. They usually aren't needed until more of the mid game anyway. The Anarch breakers seem to tear Jinteki a new one especially. They are perfectly matched to the strength of their ICE for the most part and end up paying very little to get through them. So while Jinteki tries to play the mind game in remote servers you are running wild in their central ones. Morning Star is amazing and can smash any barrier wit a little help from viruses or ICE Carver and for one 1 credit. Once you use it several times, it more than makes up for the initial cost.

Hardware (4)
Grimoire (2)
Cyberfeeder (2)

I added in the Cyberfeeders because they can let you break ICE for free with the 1 credit abilities Mimic and Morning Star have. They can also let you install viruses for less or free and net more credits from Aesop. Also, you can sell them off to Aesop for a profit if needed. Depending on the meta, you can sub in Rabbit Holes or Plascrete Carapace. Right now I haven't seen the need for either.

Resources (9)
Ice Carver (2)
Wyldside (3)
Armitage Codebusting (2) 

This is my standard resource build for Anarch. Wyldside is a beast at deck accelerating which Anarch wants. They have plenty of cheap cost cards and you want to get them quick. Aesop's is a credit machine in this deck. Being able to sell of useless items for a profit is never a bad thing. Doing it as a free action is even better.

#3 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

So I'm back with the latest build of my Noise deck. He has really embraced his love of viruses this time and the deck plays differently than most now. Let's look at the cards.

Noise (45) 7 Inf

Events (14)
Deja Vu (3)
Sure Gamble (3)
Infiltration (3)
Stimhack (2)
Easy Mark (3) 3 Inf

Okay so Stimhack has made its way back in for big runs late in the game. Deja Vu is also at 3x for more virus playing. Easy Mark stays in for economy along with Sure Gamble. Infiltration is great for exposing cards or credits in a pinch.

Programs (18)
Crypsis (3)
Djinn (3)
Datasucker (3)
Imp (3)
Parasite (3)
Medium (3)

Here is where the big change happens in the deck. All the programs are viruses except for Djinn which lets you search for and host viruses. Crypsis becomes the sole breaker but more on that later. 

Hardware (5)
Grimoire (2)
Cyberfeeder (3)

Grimoire is great with viruses and Cyberfeeder helps keep installing them cheap(free).

Resources (8)
Wyldside (3)
Armitage Codebusting (3) 

The standard resource load out stays the same minus Ice Carver. Wyldside helps draw more and Aesop's keeps the credits moving.

So this deck is all about playing viruses. You are looking to trash as many of your opponents cards as you can by installing them. It is possible to deck your opponent but most of the time you win by scoring 7 points from a late game run on the Archives with help from Stimhack for the win. You won't be running very much outside of that unless there is a weak spot worth exploiting. I've tested it via OCTGN and it seems to do well against various decks and it's fun to watch a corp player struggle as you build up a virus army and mill their R&D away.

#4 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

I haven't been able to play in a while, but I was considering building essentially this deck, using Wyrm instead of Crypsis.  I might do it with 2 of each, but I'll have to find a way to include some Ice Carving as well.

#5 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Having tried out my twist on the last build with both Wyrm and Crypsis, I've moved to the Crypsis-only model.  Although I had a perfect record with my own build, it felt a bit clunky.  Here's hoping it's a bit smoother this way.

#6 Malgamus

Malgamus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Here is my latest build. The big changes are the addition of Inside Job and Corroder. I've been running this build for a while and find it highly effective.

Noise (45) 15 Inf

Events (14)
Deja Vu (3)
Sure Gamble (2)
Stimhack (2)
Inside Job (3) 9 Inf
Easy Mark (2) 2 Inf
Infiltration (2)

Programs (19)
Corroder (2)
Crypsis (2)
Djinn (3)
Datasucker (3)
Imp (3)
Parasite (3)
Medium (3)

Hardware (5)
Grimoire (2)
Cyberfeeder (3)

Resources (7)
Wyldside (2)
Armitage Codebusting (3) 

#7 Evazorek

Evazorek

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Very nice deck analysis and evolution here again. I noticed you put that you practise on OCTGN. I started using this last week and would love for more people to play against. 

Feel free to add me as a friend, my name on there is Evazorek.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing how this deck changes in the future.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS