How hard is it to kitbash?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hi folks. Thought this wouldbe a good place to ask this.

I have a full TIE swarm now (8 ships), which is two full flight groups. According to the West end sourcebooks, a full squadron is three flight groups with the third occasionally a fire control or scout squadron. I was wondering about making up my own third flight group with TIE Vanguards.

The quckest way I thought this could be done was to clone an FFG TIE, then kitbash it with details to create another template to clone from. This would mean working with resin and making molds for such.

Has anyone worked through this process yet? I know someone replicated TIE and Starfighter bits to make broken up wrecks but I'd like to make a decent TIE replica to start with. How hard is it to work with molding materials, and where would be a good place to get started? How much could I expect to be spending on this?

Just curious. The alternative to this would be to spend some money (and find some time) with some plasticard to somehow make up a copy TIE, but the results might not be as satisfying.

#2 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Just curious, what WEG sourcebook are you referring to when it comes to the size of squads?

Cheers,
Ceodryn

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS