Photo

Lannister Concerns: would someone like to playtest a fix and and post on how it goes?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phoamslinger

phoamslinger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I had an idea on a way to "fix" House Lannister, but I'm not going to have time to get together with my gaming group for several months.  I was wondering if anyone would like to try some alternate rules and report back on how they play out.

My idea is to use the Tides of Battle cards in a different fashion. Instead of each player drawing one off the deck, use these rules instead.

There are 24 cards in the deck 2x 3 (three), 4x 2 (two), 4x 1S (1 sword), 4x 1C (1 castle), 8x 0 (zero), & 2x 0SK (0 skull)

Distribute the Tides of Battle cards as follows

Stark:  2, 1C, 0SK, 0

Lannister:  3, 2, 1S, 0

Greyjoy:  1S, 0SK, 0, 0

Tyrell:  3, 1S, 0, 0

Martell: 2, 1C, 1C, 0

Baratheon:  2, 1S, 1C, 0

During a battle, each player lays all of his ToB cards face down and his opponent chooses the one that gets played.  The Sword can cause a re-pick, per the rules. 

Cards used in a battle are set aside, just like the House cards, until 3 have been used, then the player gets all 4 back to use again to shuffle and lay down for the next fight. 

In addition, on the Lannister house cards, reverse Tyrion Lannister’s special ability with Tywin Lannister’s special ability, but keep the number values the same.

I tried to balance out the cards both to weaken houses that are overpowered from cards or map position, but also to give the Lannisters some extra punch so that they get to be a major house too.  Almost every game we've played, the Lannisters get wiped out or rendered ineffective, usually by the Greyjoys.  I'm curious if these rules will balance them out or make them overpowered. 

If a few people could try these modifications and report back, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS