Disintergrate Weapon Quality

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 enabskira

enabskira

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

I am running the House of Dust and Ash adventure from the Disciple of the Dark Gods book and was wondering how I would handle the Disintergrate Weapon Quality from Master Nonesuch's scepter when it strikes a PC with Fate Points still remaining. Even in extreme circumstances like a warp engine explosion the Rules mention that the GM and player such come up with a way in which the character survives. I was wonder if anyone else has had a similiar issue and how they chose to resolve it.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#2 Thebigjul

Thebigjul

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Use the mystical aspect of the universe of W40K, and try to never forget: "the emperor protect"

In this worlsd sometimes divine intervention save the day.

#3 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

I'd just have it disintigrate the limb if they burn a fate point. If it was a body/head shot I'd take off a random arm or leg.

Just ask them if they're burning before you narrate the effect.

#4 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

I wouldn't be that harsh. For something like a weapon hit it is easy enough passing it off as a "glancing blow" or "it wasn't as bad as it looks." Maybe it hit an item of clothing, or a trinket, dispersing most of the energy.

I think the only real problems are when it is things like "Burn a Fate Point to avoid being burned alive from falling into a volcano" the like that there is much of an issue.

#5 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

borithan said:

I wouldn't be that harsh. For something like a weapon hit it is easy enough passing it off as a "glancing blow" or "it wasn't as bad as it looks." Maybe it hit an item of clothing, or a trinket, dispersing most of the energy.

I think the only real problems are when it is things like "Burn a Fate Point to avoid being burned alive from falling into a volcano" the like that there is much of an issue.

I agree.  A thrinket, priece of armour, weapon, sun glasses, hair, etc, could of been in the way.  As for the falling in the volcano thing, maybe the PC grab a root/weed/shrubbery and is now hanging on for dear life 5 ft from where he fell.  sonreir  Unless of course he's in full power armour, then … yea no idea.

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS