Great Card for Heirs of Numenor: Vassal of the Windlord

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RGun

RGun

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Starting to play some of the Heirs of Numenor Quests and have discovered that Vassal of the Windlord is a very powerful card now as for only 1 cost it gives you +3 Attack which can be used for questing during Battles.  Since you are using it for questing the forced condition requiring it to be discarded does not trigger.

#2 AjiTae

AjiTae

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh wow, you're right ! It's insane in battles ! it was already a very decent card but now it's a must have for the new cycle.

#3 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

I've always considered Vassel of the Windlord an effective card because a 1 cost 3 ATL character will always be useful, but good point with the new siege mechanics. If he's used exclusively for "sieging" it makes support of the eagles a good play in tactics decks as well

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#4 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

I just can't get over my hangup of using eagles inside.

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#5 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Bullroarer Took said:

Between the newer release of Elronds who makes them much easier to play and this upcoming cycle's focus on tactics, I think the eagles are coming back in a big way. Big potential to have a Gwahir (sp?) hero out of the 2nd hobbit box too.

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#6 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Bullroarer Took said:

I tend to avoid using my Eagle deck with any of the Khazad-Dum quests or the last three Darrowdwelf quests.

#7 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Bullroarer Took said:

I always just figured that Rhadagast had clipped their wings when I go spelunking with eagles. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS