Two Fake Pilots by qwertyuiop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

So, these may already exist on the internet somewhere, but they're new to me. Normally I don't like fan made ships since they may tend to be game breaking. Hopefully these two aren't.

They're both X-wings, expanding on the Rookie and Red Squadron model.

Everyone goes rogue so..

Wraith Squadron Pilot.

Skill 6, standard ship stats, one astromech, one torpedo. Special game text reads "May equip one pilot upgrade worth two points or less for free to this pilot" 25 points

Ace Pilot

Skill 8, standard ship stats, one astromech, one torpedo, one pilot upgrade. Special game text reads "May equip one pilot upgrade worth two points or less for free to this pilot" 27 points.

Hope they're not too boring or accidentally plagiarized.

#2 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I dunno, I think the "equipping stuff for free" model is a slippery slope.  They'd have to reword it a bit if they were going to use it.  Something like this:

"When equipped with a Pilot Upgrade costing 2 squad points or less, ignore the squad point cost of that Upgrade."

The term "free" is a bit too vague.  It could be construed to mean that you can ignore any prereqs that an Upgrade card may have (if such things exist in the future).

I like the idea of adding Wraith Squadron as pilots; but alas, I think until they've exhausted all movie-related content, we won't see much in the way of EU pilots.

I'd like to see some more of Rogue Squadron, though.  "Hobbie" Klivian and Wes Janson, at the very least.  They're both in the movies.  And a generic "Rogue Squadron" pilot card.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS