Second Rules Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Entropy42

Entropy42

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Not really, but the "First Rules Question" thread was so successful.

Trying to make sure I understand the timing of a couple things.

I assume there is no timing distinction between "leaves play" and "enters discard/victory pile".  There isn't one in WHI.

So for Decoy at Dantooine (Interrupt: When an objective you control leaves play, decrease the Death Star dial by 1 (to a minimum of 1).)  You would always do this before the Dark Side player increases the dial, since that is worded like a Reaction (Immediately after an LS objective card is placed in the DS victory pile, the DS player advances the Death Star dial one point for each LS objective card in his victory pile.) and Interrupts resolve first.

However, if Decoy at Dantooine had been a Reaction: instead, then the Dark Side player would get to resolve advancing the dial first, and could advance to 12 and end the game before the Light Side got to resolve his Decoy at Dantooine.  Correct?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

That matches my understanding.  Also, by being an interrupt I believe it can trigger on its own destruction as well, while if it had been a reaction it would not (because it would be gone before it could trigger).

#3 LMKComaBlack

LMKComaBlack

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

dbmeboy said:

That matches my understanding.  Also, by being an interrupt I believe it can trigger on its own destruction as well, while if it had been a reaction it would not (because it would be gone before it could trigger).

All agreed?

Motion passed.

#4 Skychapon

Skychapon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

I assume there is no timing distinction between "leaves play" and "enters discard/victory pile".  There isn't one in WHI.

With that assumption, and in the case of double Reaction, I agree with you. But maybe a little clarification on this assumption will be a good point.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS