Cards which state In Arkham

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 alboy

alboy

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

When a card mentions a monster "in Arkham", l know it includes all Locations in Arkham & expansion boards Locations, does it also include monsters in The Sky & The Outskirts?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

It definitely includes the Sky, and I personally believe it includes the Outskirts, but research is murky on this.

My thought is that if a monster gets removed from Dunwich via an "in Arkham" clause, certainly the monsters in the much nearer Outskirts must be removed as well.

#3 jack21222

jack21222

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

I have a related question. Are monsters in the sky considered "in play?" It seems like they are, but then what about the corruption card "Call the Beast?" It says to exchange one monster in play with one in the outskirts, if able. We decided to exchange the Shan in the sky with a zombie in the outskirts. Flying zombies! 

Thematically, this made no sense, but I allowed it anyway because it's pretty funny, and I couldn't find a good argument that the sky was not "in play."

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

For Call The Beast we've specifically disallowed Sky switching unless with another flying monster, but you're right: "in play" isn't well-defined. I'd say "in play" is anything on the board.

I see you're having text problems too. FFG keeps experimenting with the forum, and it keeps being a nuisance.

I managed to annoy Ryan Everett today by pounding on the left click button, trying desparately hoping the "Publish" button would work. Guess we'll see if it does now…

Edit: 10 minutes later-- located Internet Explorer, loaded Interet Explorer, signed in, loaded thread, pasted reply, submitted.

I'm not posting anymore until they fix this.

#5 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Happy Birthday, Tibs! Have a great gaming day.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#6 jack21222

jack21222

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

The Professor said:

Happy Birthday, Tibs! Have a great gaming day.

It's Tibs's birthday? It's my birthday, and Dr. Overduin's birthday (Tibs knows him). 

(And yeah, Google Chrome doesn't let me hit "publish." Time to go over to firefox and copy and paste again…)

#7 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

jack21222 said:

(And yeah, Google Chrome doesn't let me hit "publish." Time to go over to firefox and copy and paste again…)

Which version of firefox are you using? Mine seems not to coop.

Happy birthday Chris! May the stars be always right for you :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#8 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

(Pasted into IE)

Er, thanks everyone, but my birthday's in June! Must be a result of more forum silliness.

Similarly, happy B-day Jack. I saw Overduin today, but he gave no indication it was his birthday. I'll get him back.

I don't know what's going on, but the FFG web department says they're not having the issues we are. I'm going to email them this thread.

#9 CrusherJoe

CrusherJoe

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Happy B-Day Tibs!

My firefox is fine.  ;-/

#10 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks, but it's not my birthday!

(Actually this was just an excuse to see if I could post again).

[Edit] I can!

#11 alboy

alboy

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

l am confused now as It seems FFG disagrees with you, l sent them a email the same time l posted in the forum and this is their reply.

Rule Question

When a card mentions a monster "in Arkham", l know it includes all Locations in Arkham & expansion boards Locations, does it also include monsters in The Sky & The Outskirts ?

Their reply

Thanks for the question. A reference to monsters "in Arkham" does not apply to monsters in the Sky or in the Outskirts, unless it specifically mentions either or both of those areas. Hope that helps!

Tim Uren
Associate Producer
turen@fantasyflightgames.com

Like you, l fought in the Sky was always in Arkham but was not sure about the Outskirts.

Perhaps another one for the long awaited up todate FAQ.

#12 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Sometimes I wonder if the people from FFG answering those question do really think before answering. Too often over the last months we've heard of private answers that are completely in contrast with other cards.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#13 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Ughhhhh. What?

FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ….

#14 Thomas Cartwright

Thomas Cartwright

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

From the just-released FAQ (http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3789):

Q: When a Mythos Card says all Chthonians and Dholes
in Arkham are returned to the cup, does the Outskirts
count as “in Arkham?”
A: No.

#15 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thomas Cartwright said:

From the just-released FAQ (http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3789):

Q: When a Mythos Card says all Chthonians and Dholes
in Arkham are returned to the cup, does the Outskirts
count as “in Arkham?”
A: No.

Honestly, I'm glad they made that change.  Even if it does make the game a little easier ;'D (it wasn't like that in the early FAQ version, IIRC).

#16 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Oh snap, looks like we finally asked for the FAQ and got it, eh?

Welp, Outskirts doesn't count anymore. I have no problems with that (except maybe to remember it now…)

#17 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Avi_dreader said:

Honestly, I'm glad they made that change.  Even if it does make the game a little easier ;'D (it wasn't like that in the early FAQ version, IIRC).

Avi? You here? Not someone stealing your avatar and nickname?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS