Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

hi can anyone help me for Grey knight PC Psykic rules

thanks

#2 SomVone

SomVone

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Just use the Daemon Hunter GK rules, they are made to about the same level of power as DW.

#3 Kor'O Knightblade

Kor'O Knightblade

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

I plan too, but the Psykic rules run rings around me how they work.

#4 Kor'O Knightblade

Kor'O Knightblade

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

I plan to use DH GK rules but the Psykic powers confuse me 

and my friends i plan to use a Killteam and a Single Grey Knight PC
for a chaos campain 

#5 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I don't have the book handy, but I seem to recall seeing a section/sidebar on converting Grey Knight psychic powers into the Deathwatch system in the Daemonhunter sourcebook…?

#6 Kor'O Knightblade

Kor'O Knightblade

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

yes there is but it makes little sense too me?

#7 Zappiel

Zappiel

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

wish i could help you, but i'm unfamiliar with grey knight rules….I'd recommend just going with it - hopefully, the rules will make more sense after you and your players have used them a bit….if not, well, you can just make up your own rules, cautiously - remember to always be fair and consistent with the players:  #1 rule is to have fun!  Perhaps get together with your group for a few simulated battles, just to figure out the rules you're not sure of…..

Good luck!

#8 Zappiel

Zappiel

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

just glanced over the gk psyker rules in daemon hunter and…yeah…i'm a tad confused too, brother!  There seem to be some inconsistencies….so just go for it, hammer out yer own houserules on the subject:  just remember to be fair and consistent, and you should have no problems……sorry i couldn't be of more help

#9 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Friend it's ok. I was quite daunted by psyhic rules when I first started Warhammer 40k. I can tell you a few things to remember that might help. First don't be intimidated by the snazzy power name. This is the wonderful and awesome job that the writers of this game implemented to give the power some depth and dimension also cool names for powers is a selling point. Know that powers are like spells and the Grey Knight and the Psyker are different in alot of ways other than Grey Knights are pure and holy. Psykers, hopefully sanctioned are more mutants and less apreciated. But think of a few things. Picking power level, Rolling Focus Power and beating Threshold. These three elements are the back bone of any spell you want to materialize. The Invocation or Focus Power Test is a Willpower Characteristic Test. Look to see the WP symbol along with the other eight characteristics at the top of your character sheet. Roll 2d10 or a d100. Now if you roll under this dice roll you have succeeded in manifesting the power. Now find your psy rating. this is how many d10s you get to roll to beat the threshold. The threshold for example is eleven. your psy rating is 3. You roll 3,4,5 for a total of 12. This means your power has manifested and now you read the description of the psychic power. For example the minor power inflict pain. Its Threshold is 11 and you beat that so you decide to imbue the power against somebody who is trying to jump a fence. This will give him a -10 to all characteristic tests. So when the npc goes to roll strength and agility over the fence your power was used in giving him a penalty. Forget the last example and just write down all the powers your character has and try to remember them. If you need to write the basic crux of it down then do so. If you have more questions dont be afaid to ask the Game Master or fellow players. This game is supposed to be fun but like I said can be quite daunting at first. I can tell you this, the more you familiarize yourself with this game the easier it will get.

#10 Mindforge

Mindforge

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

The Grey Knight is in Chapter V of Daemon Hunter for Dark Heresy. They start with 13k experience and are basically the same tier as a Deathwatch space marine. It's basically exactly what you would find in Deathwatch for creating a character. If you really like Grey Knights pick up Daemon Hunter. One, it's awesome. Two, the chapter for the Grey Knight is literally the same format for Deathwatch. The primary thing with Grey Knights is they have access to psychic training. Page 121 details using the Deathwatch specializations instead of the ones from the entry in Daemon Hunter.

Basically, the Grey Knight has a few more options because of their psychihc discipline… but those choices will basically make them less skilled in other areas. The entries do talk about using Deathwatch and how to integrate the Grey Knight.

The #1 difference is wargear. The Grey Knight has artefacts (I don't like spelling it like that, I prefer artifacts) and the best gear crafted by the tech-magi and the forge masters. Here is the standard gear a Grey Knight has:

1. Grey Knight Power Armor. (basically adds a wrist mount storm bolter and The Aegis which protects against psychic attacks)

2. Nemesis Force Sword. (again something you would need 25 req. and respected in Deathwatch)

3. Astartes Storm Bolter. (something you would need 20 Req. and Respected for in Deathwatch)

Now understand this is standard gear that they start with. This is not their requisition. So they basically something equal to a heavy ranged weapon, a powerful melee weapon. At Rank 3, they get terminator armor. Oh yeah, it states they are issued psybolt ammo for their storm bolters. So that basically ignores psychic protection and has the sanctified trait - as well as adding the psy rating to the damage dealt.

These are the things that make a Grey Knight who they are though. They are trained in them, their skills go that direction. They won't be able to use a heavy bolter as well as a Deathwatch Devastator but they are still more powerful at range with their psybolt ammo with the storm bolter.

Incorporating a Grey Knight into Deathwatch sounds fun and it can work - you just need to limit the wargear. Drop the storm bolter and the psyammo and incorporate the requisition rules for the Grey Knight.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS