Vassal Training for X-Wing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

For those of you who have been enjoying playing X-Wing, you now have some options for playing online.  There’s a Vassal mod out there that has almost everything you need to play, except the stats and card information.  You need to have the game if your going to play, and you should have it next to you before you begin.  An example for why you need the game is if you get a critical hit, it tells you the title of the card, but not the information.  You need the damage deck to know what the effects are.  

I will be online using the 3.0 version of the X-Wing module Friday Dec 7th and the 14th around 1pm PDT.  I recommend that you read the Module PDF as it will cover a lot of the basics.  If you have played X-Wing on vassal and feel comfortable teaching some new players, please join in and help people get started.

#2 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

On Vassal, gaming about every night.  Love it, its my list tester.

#3 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Just wanted to remind people that want to learn how to play on Vassal that I'll be online This Friday at 1pm PDT.  I'll go over the basics with you and teach how to create a log file so you don't have to rebuild your list everytime you play.

#4 Geliron

Geliron

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm trying to be there. :)

#5 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Great, I hope you can make it.

#6 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

I'm online now waiting to help get people started.  I'll be online for a while.

#7 Brian_Black

Brian_Black

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Having played several games on the table and one using vassal,I recognized an issue that I wondered if other people had a solution to. While playing on a table, I'm able to fairly easily eyeball where a particular maneuver will place me before moving. With vassal, it's significantly more difficult to preform this bit of estimation due to both the variable zoom level on the map, and also not having the movement templates visible at a comparable scale.  Does anyone else have any methods of getting around this issue?  I suppose I could put the templates on the side of the map, but then they would get cleared whenever someone hits the clear movement template button. 

EDIT:  BTW froggies, I saw you in my game room the other day after I had left to change a diaper. You'd said hi and I didn't respond, which was rude. Hello. This edit may have been backwards. 

#8 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

I wonder if we could get a set time to try to play on Vassal… I've been checking in almost every day and seem to miss everyone.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS