Photo

2013 Regionals in Europe. Does anyone already know when he/she is going to host it?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

After hosting a Regional this year in Munich I want to visit yours! I am willing to travel to probably any country in Europe. There is only one catch: I need the date more or less now.  Unlike other people I have to work on Saturdays and not working on Saturday means having to take a whole week off from work. And right now we are asked to submit our wishes for holidays…

Talking about dates early has another advantage: One can avoid situations when two Regionals will be held at the same day in different cities because tournament organizers did not know. 

Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg

#2 Konx

Konx

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

This request is actually a very good idea :) At least, we can try to see WHO wants to organize something and avoid the overlap, which would be really not smart to have.

I was thinking about organizing another regional in Amsterdam. The location where we had the last regional is still available and has a lot of advantages (it's free, it's easy to get lunch since it is a bar and it's not far from the center of Amsterdam).

As for the date, at the moment it is a bit difficult to say, but I think any weekend in May should be fine with me.

I would like to have some feedback from the Belgium community to understand if they are willing to make an effort and come to Amsterdam, this year. Without some external players (at least 4), it's really not worth to organize a regional.

On my side, I can say that if someone organizes a tournament in Germany/Belgium/France, I'm willing to go :) Other locations might require some thinking :P

bye

Konx

#3 Dark Initiate

Dark Initiate

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'd almost certainly make the trip to Amsterdam, which is very easy to reach from this part of Germany (NRW). There's probably some others in this part of Germany who would come.

#4 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

From my experience certain events can diminish the number of participants of a Regional. 25th May is the final of the Champions League, 18th May is the final day of the German soccer league. Those dates wouldn't keep me away from a Regional but other people do vote for soccer if they have to make a decision. 

Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg

#5 COCLCG

COCLCG

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

HEATHENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 FredhoT

FredhoT

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

French Regionals (Paris): currently planned Wednesday 8th May 2013 (it's a bank holiday in France) <-- I've requested that they set up the Thursday 9th May 2013 instead, which is a bank holiday in more countries. It's part of the whole LCG French Regionals (aGoT, LotR,…) so they have booked from W. 8 til S. 12 May 2012 for the whole event.

Belgium Regionals (Liège): we do not know yet, but we would like to hots one Cthulhu Regionals. A good plan would be in June (even though it can hinder some students to attend).

Dutch Regionals (Amsterdam): I'd plan to attend, provided the date is not too close to the other Regionals (one per month is ok to me). I think April would be best. A slight downside linked to the bar: it is smoker-allowed, and I'm now used to spend my spare-time in smoke-free environment!

I've asked my club-mates if they would travel to Paris or Amsterdam to participate to a Cthulhu Regionals. So far, I've no answer, except B_P who is interested and myself.

#7 FredhoT

FredhoT

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Okay.

In the NW Europe area:

- French Regionals (Championnat de France): Paris, thursday 9 May, 2013

- Dutch Regionals: Amsterdam, beginning of June 2013, probably first week-end (konx will let all of us know)

- No Belgian Regionals; of course, we will still organise the Euro Champ first WE of November 2013, Liège

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS