My play by email game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Romus

Romus

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

This is a one on one email game I started with my fried who was controlling 4 characters. It works better than you would think. It is not complete yet since I have been slowly pasting the email in order, but if you are interested you can read how it goes here:

https://sites.google...rashyoungfools/

This leads into The Witch's Song adventure

Here is a highlight

Pirn looks very pale and his skin is covered in sweat, "Sa -- Saskia, takes g - good care of me." He says weakly.

"I've been giving him healing draughts, but he is not responding well to them, he is in a lot of pain." Saskia says.

Arz pulls back the cover over Pirn, you can see that he has burns on his right side, facing you, his right arm was also burned. The majority of the wounds are wrapped with cloth, that look like they haven't been changed since the first time, they are dirty and damp with sweat, you also see blackish red stains coming through the cloth.

Pirn's wife holds back tears. Saskia looks surprised, "He's bleeding."

"Git some new cloth ready." Arz says as he pulls a cutting tool from his pack.

Arz cuts along the cloth and pulls it back, and just about everyone gasps. Pirn's side is pitch black, strands of sticky black blood pull like glue as the cloth is pulled away. The smell is terrible. Pirn lets out a moan of pain.

"It's gotten worse!" Saskia says.

In the light it is hard to make anything out, his side being so charred black. Arz sees some spots that look like either puss filled bumps, or even worse, blackened ribs poking through the skin. Arz sits the cutting tool down, grabs a nearby candle and holds it close to the wound. With his other hand he tries to inspect the protrusions, and touches it. And then it happens…

Pirn lets out a horrible scream of pain. With the candle light close to his side, Arz suddenly realizes that the surface of his skin is transparent like -- he is shocked by both Pirn's scream and also what, terrifyingly, looked like movement underneath the surface of Pirn's skin. The protruding objects look like spidery fingers sticking through his side, with puss and blackened blood dripping around it. Arz only has a second to take this all in before Pirn's side explodes! The fingers stretch out into a long, black, oozing arm and grips Arz by the neck!

Pirn's eyes roll into the back of his head as he goes limp. His wife and Saskia scream out in horror!

[At this point, unless you don't want to, you can take over Rylan for combat, let me know]

Roll Discipline vs terror 3 (3 purple)

Arz needs to roll Athletics vs 2 purple

Then Roll initiative (Arz gets 2 black die)
---
As for my discipline roll on Arz, please note that I did just train it. I will let you roll it. I have a base of 3 willpower I think and with it trained that should help a lot. I hopefully am at least one stance in conservative since I was checking his wound in that fashion.

For athletics, Arz has a base of 3 strength. Even with a conservative die, two purple is a lot. I will use my human trait "favored by fortune" to roll two extra fortune dice with it.

For initiative,  I have a base agility of 3 with an added white fortune bought by one experience point. I will let you do my rolls.

---

Rylan, I don't have his sheet in front of me. I would expect him to yell some exhortation of disgust and shock, "By the fiery beard of Montag!"
Does Rylan have a flaming hand thing where he could grab the black arm with fire? If he does not have such a spell, then he should do the magic dart spell.

---

Hopefully, Kesh is looking around at the right time and hears some of this.  Arz is stunned, never in his years of working on the human body would he ever imagine such a thing being possible. The events at the Grunewald Lodge several weeks ago was his first encounter with such madness, but this?! This can't be happening!

The women scream as the thing oozes and expands out of Pirn's body, as if he is giving birth. Pirn's torso stretches and rips with puss and black gore as it gives way to the creatures increasing mass.

Its grip gets tighter around Arz's neck as it expands and begins to take some twisted, deformed shape. Its torso stretches upward as red eyes form and now look down on Arz. Several flailing appendages burst from its side, splattering black gore everywhere. One of them strikes a lantern and it falls to the bed and catches the hay on fire.

Arz grips the arm and does all he can to try and break free, and finally he does. He scrambles back into Rylan and tries to get to his feet.

This snaps Rylan out of his stunned stupor, "Get out of here!" He yells to the women.

A fanged maw forms under the eyes of the creature as it lets out its first gurgling shriek, black gore spews from its mouth. It shambles forward and strikes out with its flailing appendages! A tentacle slams Arz across his face as he is getting to his feet. Another hits Rylan -- a sharp tip slashing him across the cheek, and then another grabs Saskia by the ankle -- she falls to the ground as it pulls on her.

With one arcane word, the tip of Rylan's staff bursts into flame, and Rylan jabs it into the appendage that pulls on Saskia. It lets go and she scrambles out the door behind Pirn's wife.

"Come, let's get outside!" Rylan yells to Arz, as he moves backwards out the door.

[Both Arz and Rylan are struck by terror, suffering 3 stress and 3 fatigue. Rylan also has the Frightened Condition.]

[Arz Success on breaking free]

[Arz takes 5 wounds, Rylan takes 7]

[Arz Initiative 1]

[Rylan Initiative 2]

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS